CoinPeople.com

Grading ???

dprice

This coin would be F-12 to VF-20. Would I be correct to grade at G-4 because of damage. I need some opinoins. Im sure someone would by it if I wanted to sell. I bought it because it had good detail and you never know who stamped it. Or when it was done. 1840, 1878, 1902, who knows. Someone famous or some board kid. It is history and that is why I collect.

926302.jpg

Well the store I worked at years ago (as a kid) would use split grades on these. Obv G/damaged, Rev F-12 etc. I have seen some slabs with split grades also, though it is rare. I am interested in the responses from the real "experts" here-good question and scan.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Veni, Vidi, Bibi

there are some collectors of counter stamped coinage. I think some of the grading companies even slab counter stamped coinage... as for grading i agree with AWACS... when I sell coins like that I always go by the first number in whatever book your using (good) and if the damage really bad I cut that in half or even a third to get a place to start

there are some collectors of counter stamped coinage. I think some of the grading companies even slab counter stamped coinage... as for grading i agree with AWACS... when I sell coins like that I always go by the first number in whatever book your using (good) and if the damage really bad I cut that in half or even a third to get a place to start

I bought It a little under G-4. I think it wasnt a bad deal. THanks for the opinions.

This coin would be F-12 to VF-20. Would I be correct to grade at G-4 because of damage. I need some opinoins. Im sure someone would by it if I wanted to sell. I bought it because it had good detail and you never know who stamped it. Or when it was done. 1840, 1878, 1902, who knows. Someone famous or some board kid. It is history and that is why I collect.

If you paid G4 money for that you did fine. If you decide to let it go email/pm me as I'd be interested in it.

CJD

If you paid G4 money for that you did fine. If you decide to let it go email/pm me as I'd be interested in it.

CJD

Im not sure If I want to sell it.

Archived