CoinPeople.com

2007 Adams error

I found something similar on a washington. The letter appears to be raised not inset like the one I found.

washedge.jpg

Wonder what the variety is called & how commen/uncommen it is? From what I have seen, another truly rare coin from this issue would be a uncirculated coin that isn't scratched or dinged up.! or atleast I haven't found one yet..

Out of 150 coins (so far) I found 1 coin in exceptional condition.! However, it is not without faults itself..

Thanks,Cherry Picker

Wonder what the variety is called & how commen/uncommen it is? From what I have seen, another truly rare coin from this issue would be a uncirculated coin that isn't scratched or dinged up.! or atleast I haven't found one yet..

Out of 150 coins (so far) I found 1 coin in exceptional condition.! However, it is not without faults itself..

Thanks,Cherry Picker

I have one that has a indent of a U or D. its on the edge if it a d the top is not there. I was wondering is it was squeezed from being in a bank bag on the way to being rolled??? It was a new roll that it came from.

I have one that has a indent of a U or D. its on the edge if it a d the top is not there. I was wondering is it was squeezed from being in a bank bag on the way to being rolled??? It was a new roll that it came from.

I believe the coins was packed 140,000 to a bundle when sent to the rolling companies.. So, by shear weight I believe it would be possible to create a error as you decribed if the bundle was dropped or jarred.

This also explains the condition of the uncirculated coins..

The error above however has a raised "E" rather than a indentation.! It would be virtually impossible for this to be created like that.

Thanks,Cherry Picker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These would be originating from in the machine that put the text on the rims. Jams would push 2 coins together, and cause this incuse (brockage) imprint of the letter. It's the best explanation I have read/heard up untill now.

Regards,

Jos

These would be originating from in the machine that put the text on the rims. Jams would push 2 coins together, and cause this incuse (brockage) imprint of the letter. It's the best explanation I have read/heard up untill now.

Regards,

Jos

Best explanation I have heard as well.! Errors for this issue seem to be endless from what I have seen so far..

Thanks,Cherry Picker.

Archived