CoinPeople.com

1957 Lincoln Cent Obverse

corkykile

vey nice!!! were did you get the pennies from?

I am glad you like them.

I do believe from eBay, when someone had the cents that were sealed in a speical plastic bag.

I know how everyone feels about eBay and some of the goings on, but I have had pretty good luck so far.

I sort out the coins into decades, go through them all very carefully and often find some that are rather grungey...real culls, so I instead of rolling them up and turning them in I gave them a second chance. Then I got a bright idea of a way to maybb clean them up a bit so I could see what was under all that gunk.

An article I read suggested using a steam basket over a pot of boiling water, then put the pennies and when the the water is roiling add some baking soda. What a recipe! It succeeded in getting a lot of garbage off the pennies and when I got them rinsed and dried I found a few that could still be identified and saved. This happened to be one of them. Now that I have admitted to doing a real no no. Did not use scrub brushes or chemicals and I think it worked out just fine.

CK

i usually get mne from goldeneaglecoins.com which i have had some good coins but my last shipment had 5 mercs in it!! which it costs alot

Sounds like you got a bonus! I am lucky of a steel penny gets past the cherrypickers.

I just won 1000 wheaties on eBay for 49.00 plus shipping. I bought a bunch of other things from the same dealer so the shipping wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I also just received 10 rolls of wheaties from another auction on eBay. Like most of these batches of coins they were rather heavy in 40s and 50s, but this one had more 20's than 30's, which will help fill in a few blank spots. I found a few error varieties and a few die-clash cents. It is amazing any of these old coins have anything left for us to find.

I will let you know how the next batch turns out.

CK

yea i need 24 wheaties for my book then ill move on to nickles!! what do u need for your book i might be able to help ya..

I am working on my own cent book and those of my three grand daughters, and a step grandson.

My goal is to find the best examples I can afford for each album. I have the four albums nearly full for the 1941-74 cents, and getting close to filling the 74 and later. The first of the three are the very early years and there are a lot of blank pages. I am able to buy a lot of bu rolled cents and search through them for my own 'keepers', so I still have a lot that can be shared.

I have tons (well, maybe a hundred pounds) of Lincoln cents, so I might be in a better position to help you with your set. Let me know what you need and I will be happy to send the best of whatever I can provide.

I have the pennies all in plastic roll containers and have them marked as to what year and mint mark.

Of course I don't have everything.

Just let me know what you need and if I have decent examples to give away I will send them to you free of charge.

CK

yea i need 24 wheaties for my book then ill move on to nickles!! what do u need for your book i might be able to help ya..

I gotta get to bed. I have to drive my grand daughter to every which place tomorrow while her mom is working.

Let me know tomorrow if you have a list I can check for you.

CK

i wouldnt usually except your offer but the local coin shop here closed and the closest one is about an hour away i pmed you what i needed but i didnt list the pricy ones im just not like that :ninja:

Archived