CoinPeople.com

Coin Gizmo

Vfox

I've finally bothered to hit the modern age when it comes to coins, at least technologically, lol.

Today I got a ES-100A digital scale, it's designed for jewelers and people who use precious metals, sensetive the 0.001 of an ounce, or 0.01 of a gram (has penny and carat weight as well).

And last week I got a pocket magnefier with built in light which is a 5X, and about the size of a razor cell phone. The neat part is, is that the magnefier pops out like a star trek communication device, lol.

So, now I have a whopping 3 gadgets to look at coins with, a 5X eyeglass, my old 10x eyeglass, and a nice new digital scale.

So what kinda gizmos, technological things do you all use? Next I have to lose the handwritten ledger and move onto the digital log. (Although I have been working on a 120 page excel document for all US coins, year, mintmark, and EVERY slight variation I can find). Now I just need a new charger for my laptop (my old one died), so I can finish it, lol.

I can't remember what power this thing is. But it just gets a mint mark in its field of view. I have used it a few times for vams. You can barely see it but the button on the top right is for the light.

microscope.jpg

I have a 5x/10x (two 5x lenses), a 10x, and looking for an electronic coin catalog keeper thingy. All I have now is one of those pocket Whitman books.

Once I get into coins that really need to be weighed, I'll get a scale as well.

I am looking for a 3D scanner - had known someone in the gaming industry that mentioned briefly about using real human models to be used as models in games. Cost of it: ridicious. Now I wish I can find him again :ninja:

Now believe it or not, that is just all on the intentions of trying to analyze overstruck coins (seems pretty dumb isn't it ;) )

Imagine using that to make those resin copies of rare coins. Perfect replicas that could be plated, and for something the size of a morgan dollar, weigh about 7-8 grams. :ninja: