CoinPeople.com

Some Colonials

tommyd

I've only owned one colonial over the years, but I'm always tempted to start down the path. Great coins with lots of history behind them. I really like the New Jersey cent.

Here is the only real colonial I own. (At least I think, I will know once my new scale arrives if I have a few Mochin Mills or not, lol) This is a Connecticut cent I got out of a $0.25 bin, best find I've ever had out of one of those for sure!

4m88ghj.jpg

Here is the only real colonial I own. (At least I think, I will know once my new scale arrives if I have a few Mochin Mills or not, lol) This is a Connecticut cent I got out of a $0.25 bin, best find I've ever had out of one of those for sure!

4m88ghj.jpg

What about the one your detector found a few weeks ago? what was that? can't remember.

That was a connecticut cent as well, but it's so worn that online it's nearly impossible to tell what it is.

• 4 years later...

Not much to contribute but here's what I got.

1740 Dutch Indies Company (AKA New York Cent)

911877.jpg

1772 George III farthing

909604.jpg

1775 Evasion George III half penny. A lot of contemporary counterfeits were made and used around this time.

958778.jpg

And maybe a match Vfox for your Connecticut cent 1787 barely recognizable.

909149.jpg

Oh man, what an ancient thread! I love when these get resurrected. :)

I've purchased a boatload of cheap colonial era coinage since this thread was started. I'll try an update with images soon. I know I've been scarce lately but I still lurk all the time. ;)

Oh man, what an ancient thread! I love when these get resurrected. :)

Me too. The virtual museums are a nice part of the site and I enjoy scrolling though them every now and then. Unfortunately I have nothing to add to this particular thread.

I've purchased a boatload of cheap colonial era coinage since this thread was started. I'll try an update with images soon. I know I've been scarce lately but I still lurk all the time. ;)

Can't wait to see them. :bthumbsup::bthumbsup:

999196.jpg

1787 Connecticut 1/2 penny

Now there's a half penny that's earned its rest. I'll bet it would have some great stories to tell. :bthumbsup:

Not much to contribute but here's what I got.

1740 Dutch Indies Company (AKA New York Cent)

911877.jpg

1772 George III farthing

909604.jpg

1775 Evasion George III half penny. A lot of contemporary counterfeits were made and used around this time.

958778.jpg

And maybe a match Vfox for your Connecticut cent 1787 barely recognizable.

909149.jpg

Great collection of colonials Mark. I don't recall seeing the New York Cent before.

Archived