CoinPeople.com

1983d Lincolns

corkykile

Hi everyone,

I recently acquired a roll of uncirculated 1983d Lincoln cents.

I know that after 1981/82 the mint had difficulty with the copper plating adhering to the surface of the zinc and it caused flaking and bubbling. Problem is, nearly everyone of the coins has a certain degree of bubbling on the both the reverse and obverse surfaces, including lines of bubbles and/or a rather consistent coverage of bubbles. A few that have what appear to be file marks across the entire surface, including Lincoln. Other than that, some are not so good, and some are almost perfect.

Do you think I have anything unusual or should I just recycle these along with other rejects?

Sorry, I do not have a camera capable of photographing these.

I am a newbie here and started collecting just a couple months ago.

CK

I have lots more questions!

I have a few of the bubbled Lincolns and I consider them a very nice error to keep in my collection. Sounds like you go a treasure.

I have a few of the bubbled Lincolns and I consider them a very nice error to keep in my collection. Sounds like you go a treasure.

I think you are right.

Not only are there bubbles, but I do believe I have found an interesting error or two.

Sure wish I could figure out a way to send a picture.

Has anyone had any luck scanning with PhotoShop and getting good results?

Thanks again,

CK

My camera doesn't have a macro feature, so the only way I can get images of my coins is through my scanner. It's not the nicest and it loses some of the finer detailing, but it certainly works for getting your point accross.

Thank you Art.

I did get another coin scanned and it seems to have worked out okay.

Check out my post about the 194 (?) coin in the Coppers forum. Is it sharp enough to see the detail?

I used Paint Shop Pro, scanned both sides at 600dpi and then tried to attach the saved jpg file. Too big.

My spouse showed me how to reduce the file size and we got the two views online to coinpeople.

If this works out I won't have to go out and buy a camera to do the picture part. Yippeee!

(and I can use all the money I saved to buy more coins!).

CK

Archived