CoinPeople.com

Modern Korean coins - anyone checking the prices out?

gxseries

Prices of Korean coins (with the exception of North Korean and cast coins) are almost shooting through the roof, perhaps even more expensive than modern Russian coins at times!!!!!!!!!! ;) BU 1968 10 won coin? 100+ dollars. Never heard that kind of price for any Soviet regular circulated coins.

You can check the completed listing on ebay and prices are some shock horror. Just when I wanted to start my South Korean typeset and prices have to be insanely mad... :ninja:

Prices of Korean coins (with the exception of North Korean and cast coins) are almost shooting through the roof, perhaps even more expensive than modern Russian coins at times!!!!!!!!!! ;) BU 1968 10 won coin? 100+ dollars. Never heard that kind of price for any Soviet regular circulated coins.

You can check the completed listing on ebay and prices are some shock horror. Just when I wanted to start my South Korean typeset and prices have to be insanely mad... ;)

It's a spy around you Gx! The theory of conspiracy says that when you want to do something (in this case to complete your Korean set) all other dark figures will do everything to stop you (or to broke your wallet).

;)

Please start to complete your romanian coins set! I need a boost of prices! :ninja:

Scottishmoney - yes, I believe there are some that are a bit too low priced. In particular, if we are talking about 1960s and later (there are many scarce ones in the 50s), a relatively hard coin is the silver 100 yen coin, the NON-olympics coins minted in Showa 39. It's pretty funny how the value of them is about the same and the mintage is actually the lowest in that series with just 10 million, with some other years averaging about 50 million. Mint set of 1969 (I think) was the first mint set minted, and commands some 700USD+ in recent years ;) Sales price at that time of release - just 1 American dollar. Note: keyword - US dollars, not Japanese yen. That's the largest profit ever ;)

Now comparing that to the South Korean coins, there are two mint sets that are extremely rare and one of them is a common circulated proof set minted only in 1982 which commands some whooping 2000 USD...... ;)

Banivechi - I'm sure there must be some kind of evil conspiracy behind me :D Didn't you notice the number of Romanian coins in my collection is starting to slowly grow? :D I'm a bit behind cataloging all of the coins I have so bear with me... ;) Hopefully that will boost the prices of Romanian coins but that will be bad for me! :ninja:

Archived