CoinPeople.com

Some Euro errors

These will have to go, but wanted to show them first. They are simply too new for me ;)

Belgium 2 Euro 2005 - Uncentered Core (Fried Eggs they call 'em :ninja: )

belgium2euro2005%20-%20spiegelei.jpgbelgium2euro2005%20-%20spiegeleia.jpg

Belgium 2 Euro 2002 - Double clip

belgium2euro2002%20-%20double%20clip.jpgbelgium2euro2002%20-%20double%20clipa.jpg

Look good, but not a Euro-fanatic here ;)

Regards,

Jos

Nice coins Jos.

I too only ussualy stick to British errors but I have got one euro error.

(2000)%201%20E%20Struck%20With%20Two%20Reverse%20Dies.JPG

Those have dropped in price, like there's no tomorrow. I remember the very first one, that sold for $15.000

Now you can buy these (almost in bulk) at $100-$150 raw.

Most of these come from the French mint, even though it's not possible to know for sure.

Hope you didn't pay too much. The problem with these, is that they can only become less rare, since that side was used so long. Now the new design is there, for the new countries. It's like the story on the godless dollars.

My estimate is that there are between 500-2000 of the 1 cents. The others are seen far less often.

That is why I don't like Euro's :ninja:

Regards,

Jos

Wow I feel sorry for the person paying $15.000

I only paid $5.000.

Just kidding :ninja: it was not much over the prices you quoted as the raw pieces.

Still I think its a neat coin and I'm happy. Value is always an after thought with me. I buy what I like, and sure in years to come say 30 years time when I retire they make me some money great, if not so be it.

I am a collector first, investor second. Having said that if I lost $14000 on a coins value I wouldn't be very happy, but I haven't got the kind of budget to spend $1000's of dollars on a coin anyway.

Wow I feel sorry for the person paying $15.000

I only paid $5.000.

Just kidding :ninja: it was not much over the prices you quoted as the raw pieces.

Still I think its a neat coin and I'm happy. Value is always an after thought with me. I buy what I like, and sure in years to come say 30 years time when I retire they make me some money great, if not so be it.

I am a collector first, investor second. Having said that if I lost $14000 on a coins value I wouldn't be very happy, but I haven't got the kind of budget to spend $1000's of dollars on a coin anyway.

I think Mike Byers sold that one, but I'm not sure.

I buy what I like, that has always been my way of collecting. Some things will be worth more in the future, and some won't. I don't really care. But sometimes I do find bargains, and try to sell them for a higher price. The best thing ever, is to buy something that doesn't fit in your collection at a low price, and then swapping it for something that does. Haven't had that too often, but it sounds great ;)

But Euro's simply don't get me all warm inside. I like my old Francs ;)

Jos

From 1 cent to 50 cent all same euro side slab not mistaken $60,000 but now if they are buying in bulk that is new to me and others good info thanks. :ninja:

I'm only talking about the 1 cents. The other ones in that set are still very rare. I have seen a 1 euro and a 20 cents for sale, but the others not yet. I also had the opportunity to buy a mule 20/50 cents too, but didn't. It was someone that had seen the prices of MB ;)

Regards,

Jos

Archived