CoinPeople.com

Notgeld Album (shipping more than album)

Drusus

http://www.intercol.co.uk/acatalog/Miscell...ar_Labels_.html

I found this great notgeld album:

1672c.jpg

price is only 30 bucks so I decide to buy it...start to check out and the shipping is added...

Shipping (A - First Class Post) £16.73 / $31.79

Handling £1.00 / $1.90

Total £32.73 / $62.19

The shipping is MORE than the item itself and more than doubles the price...what a shame..I wanted that album...but not with such screwed up shipping charges...it does NOT take 31 dollars to ship that...:ninja:

I guess I need to find another way to store my bills...anyone have a link to a place that sells something that safely stores bills?

The album dates from 1925! Its a collectible in and of itself. Maybe the total price is not that bad????

It probably isnt that bad of a price, I wouldnt know how much these would be worth, as much as I person would pay for it I assume. I just dont like the underhanded way. If indeed its worth that much, just post that price...I start the ordering process, get to the total and suddenly find out its more than twice the listed price...just a bit disappointing.. also that I cant find another one to even compare it to.

I dont know...maybe I am over reacting...maybe it cost that much to ship this from england...it just seems so high...the shipping being more than the item...if it is...then I guess I wish I could find this in the US.

well, they are all different sizes but the majority of them are smaller..

maybe 4-5in by 3-3 1/2

I got a response in another thread with links I am going to look through concerning this though I guess I am torn... would love to store my notgeld in a notgeld album...wish I could find more examples of the one posted above.

Drusus -

I did a quick search and only found german language sites for notgeld albums... But I did find this other similar creation: Album Link It is a tobacco card album of last German African Colonies. It is quite impressive, and were it Notgeld, you'd only know about it after I bought it! (especially for the price!) :ninja: But as it is tobacco related and not banknote related, I have decided to pass.

At any rate, this site belongs to a person whom I have used for Notgeld in the past with excellent results. Unfortunately, the serienschein (series notes that I prefer) section is under some revamping, but perhaps an email to them would benefit you in your quest. Their prices for Notgeld have been rock bottom (for example, I've seen individual notes for 50 USD on other sites and I've bought them here for 5 dollars for the set from these guys). I bet they'd be able to at least point you in the right direction.

Notgeld Main page link

that is an impressive album, love the cover...I have looked through that site before and have it bookmarked...if you think they might help point me in the right direction, I will be dropping them an e-mail :ninja: Thanks

Why not use a normal banknote album but use Pro-Plus 4 pocket pages ? I use them for my notgeld as they are created for trading cards they are to the same standards as currency pages.

Here is a link to a ebay seller so that you can get a better idea of them. They are also sold in hobby shops and places like forbiden planet ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

:ninja:

dave, Beate Rauch from apcpapercollect.com says that he has an album, not sure if its the same one, he said he will scan it in so I can see it and the price would be 30 +5 for shipping...that is much more reasonable IMO...if it is in good condition (I assume it is as I sent him the above photo of what I was looking for) I will be getting that one...I am going to buy some glassine envelopes and then store those envelopes int he album (he said they still need protection as the album might effect the bill.)

Thanks for the advice Orc...I have some world note I need to store, I will probably go the pocket page and binder route for those.

Thanks a bunch for the help. who said whining about things doesnt help...I whine...I get help...I get what I need :ninja:

Have to say that looks rather smart ;) glad that you found something that realy is in keeping with the notes, I might just have to rethink my collections current home LOL

:ninja:

Archived