CoinPeople.com

20th C. Type Set

What do you think is the more popular 20th Century type set to collect, 1900-99 or 1901-2000?

I know that technically the latter is the correct one (there was no year zero, so century includes 100). Much of the type set info I've been reading online goes for this option, but the PCGS registry set is the 1900-99.

I think I prefer the 1900-99 just for the fact that you don't have to include another 5 state quarters...

I agree with Art. Collect what and how it makes you happy.

My preference for the 20th Century Type Set is anything that starts with "19" ... but that's just me :ninja:

What do you think is the more popular 20th Century type set to collect, 1900-99 or 1901-2000?

I know that technically the latter is the correct one (there was no year zero, so century includes 100). Much of the type set info I've been reading online goes for this option, but the PCGS registry set is the 1900-99.

I think I prefer the 1900-99 just for the fact that you don't have to include another 5 state quarters...

I am one who gos by the book 1901 to 2000! Just do what you wish and Im sure it will be right, after all its your Type Set. :ninja:

Snap go with whatever you like, what one collecter extolls to the heavens someone else might not like. It is all subjective to say the least ;)

:ninja:

The reasons I suggested the 1900-2000 is because I do consider 1900-1999 as my preferred set but I'd like to see the digits change over to 2-0-0-0 as the end goal.

Anyone ever do this type set one year at a time? i.e. don't get 1907 before you get 1906, etc.