CoinPeople.com

Picked up some new notes at the local coin show

AuldFartte

There were tons of really nice U.S. notes there!

1953-C U.S. $2 United States Note, Red Seal, UNC.

906330A.jpg

906330B.jpg

1935-C U.S. $1 Silver Certificate, UNC.

906331A.jpg

906331B.jpg

1934-A U.S. $5 Silver Certificate, Blue Seal, UNC.

906332A.jpg

906332B.jpg

1928 U.S. $5 United States Note, Red Seal, UNC. Graded by PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated.

906333A.jpg

906333B.jpg

... and I finally picked up a "Funnyback" 1928-A U.S. $1 Silver Cert., Blue Seal. Seller calls it Gem UNC, but I'm not so sure.

906334A.jpg

906334B.jpg

Excellent purchases. Everytime I see some of these I get tempted to start a note tangent. Tempted but not quite there yet.......

i agree with your call on the funnyback. it might be uncirculated, but i wouldn't personally call it gem. the centering is too low on the front, the corners aren't sharp, and there's contact marks/handling visible- especially in the margin above the portrait.

great new additions! :ninja:

Excellent purchases. Everytime I see some of these I get tempted to start a note tangent. Tempted but not quite there yet.......

You have no idea on the fun you're missing. Well, whatever... more notes for me! :ninja:

i agree with your call on the funnyback. it might be uncirculated, but i wouldn't personally call it gem.

I never understand when dealers call notes/coins gem, choice, brilliant, or other adjectives. I understand crisp when it comes to notes but that is a tangible quantitative description.

PS... how can I quote two different posts in one note? I've been here since July and still can't figure out some of these buttons!

generally, basic uncirculated notes go from 60-64, gem notes would be 65-66, and superb gem would be from 67-69. 70, of course, would be perfect.

for specific details on each grade, visit: http://www.pcgscurrency.com/g_scale.html

as for dual quotes, i think the easiest way is to open up a separate window/tab. click on the different posts you want to quote in each window, and just cut/paste one of them under the other. close the extra window/tab, type whatever you have to say under the relevant quote, and you're all set. :ninja:

Nice notes ;) can I ask why it is called a 'Funny Back'?

:ninja:

Not because it was funny persay, but rather that it was different than what most of us are now used to. Beginning with the 1935 series they started using the basic design that is still being used now 72 years later, which is why the "Funny Backs" did not last long.

Archived