CoinPeople.com

State Bird and State Wildflower on Oklahoma SQ

tabbs

"As the result of a statewide vote, Gov. Brad Henry announced today that Oklahoma's commemorative quarter will feature the state bird and state wildflower: the scissor-tailed flycatcher and the Indian blanket (Gaillardia pulchella)."

http://www.ok.gov/governor/display_article...;article_type=1

And this is the winning design:

5def9f3e-594c-4051-8c4a-71703c7adc26.jpg

Hmmm ... Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma - seems that we now know all 50 state quarter designs. :ninja:

Christian

Yes, me too. Seems there was some discussion about another design: Four of the five original suggestions included the "Pioneer Woman" statue in Ponca City, OK, a monument showing a woman with a child. The woman holds a book in one hand which is considered to be a bible. In those four US Mint designs that book was not depicted. Well, at the end the bird/flower design won, with more than 50 percent of the total votes.

Christian

Yes, me too. Seems there was some discussion about another design: Four of the five original suggestions included the "Pioneer Woman" statue in Ponca City, OK, a monument showing a woman with a child. The woman holds a book in one hand which is considered to be a bible. In those four US Mint designs that book was not depicted. Well, at the end the bird/flower design won, with more than 50 percent of the total votes.

Christian

Just as much as they toted bibles around then, they also had household books like the "Book of Household Management", my wife has one that was her Great Grandmother's. It is actually an interesting read, definately a better read than a bible and a lot more practical. :ninja:

Just been told that Mrs Orc's step dad had such a book LOL it was quite interesting by all accounts with sections on how to speak to the servants depending on there station in life etc and how a gentleman should take his tea :ninja:

;)

Archived