CoinPeople.com

Too good to be true?

Mister Ed

Congratulations. I'd love to find a Charlotte or Dahlonega gold piece someday. My theory on them is that there are probably several hidden hoards which include most of them that still exist, put away by Richmond bankers when Richmond fell in 1865. Merchants fled the city headed west ahead of the army.

With my luck, one of the hoards will turn up on my land when I get around to buying a metal detector. My place is bordered on the east by an old unused roadbed which may have been in use that spring when the ANV was falling back to Amelia Courthouse from Five Forks.

When I turn some up I'll be sure to post some pics here. ;-)

With my luck, one of the hoards will turn up on my land when I get around to buying a metal detector. My place is bordered on the east by an old unused roadbed which may have been in use that spring when the ANV was falling back to Amelia Courthouse from Five Forks.

If you want, 28, just let me know where west of Richmond I should look and I'll take out my detector next time I'm home. I'll let you know if theres part of a hoard I don't have enough room in my car for. :ninja:

Congratulations. I'd love to find a Charlotte or Dahlonega gold piece someday. My theory on them is that there are probably several hidden hoards which include most of them that still exist, put away by Richmond bankers when Richmond fell in 1865. Merchants fled the city headed west ahead of the army.

If your ever interested in trying your luck your more than welcome to use one of my machines. Whatever we find of course belongs to you. I just love recovering history.

I took my surf detector to Virginia Beach this week. 144 coins and one very, very nice ring! Will have to wait till Tuesday to see if the rocks are diamonds or fakes but the wife thinks they are real diamonds...let's hope!!

If you want, 28, just let me know where west of Richmond I should look and I'll take out my detector next time I'm home. I'll let you know if theres part of a hoard I don't have enough room in my car for. :ninja:

Now, that would be a big hoard, wouldn't it? ;-)

If your ever interested in trying your luck your more than welcome to use one of my machines. Whatever we find of course belongs to you. I just love recovering history.

I took my surf detector to Virginia Beach this week. 144 coins and one very, very nice ring! Will have to wait till Tuesday to see if the rocks are diamonds or fakes but the wife thinks they are real diamonds...let's hope!!

I'll see about getting in touch with you this fall after the first frost. This place is a chigger metropolis and warm weather is their time of year.

Hope the diamonds turn out to be real. That sounds like a great day's haul.

Archived