CoinPeople.com

Russian coin forum coming close to 5000 posts

gxseries

Thank you all for your great participation - it's coming close to 5000 posts (and perhaps when I wake up, 5000 posts might be over :D )

Coinpeople is orginally brought to you by Stujoe who created this site and without his time and effort, this site wouldn't have been successful, if not, not existed from the very first day. Credits also go to akdrv, who put in a fair amount of time and finance to maintain this site, as well as going through the troubles that the site pops up from time to time. ;)

The Russian coin forum originally was thought by Tane - small minds enquiring about more knowledge about Russian numismatics. It was a small step but a big progress. Now pardon me but Russian numismatics in the beginning was completely hostile for me (still is due to the tough language! ;) ) as well as limited amount of infomation made me hunger for more. You mustn't forget - sure there are plenty of infomation and sites in Russian but rarely are there infomation in English. At times, I pulled out my dictionary just to look up some termologies but it wasn't too brilliant as it takes too long to understand just a line.

This forum too was very very dull until big authors like R.W. Julian and Steve Moulding have joined this forum. Many thanks for keeping this forum alive with your knowledge ;)

Perhaps right now, Russian numismatics are more enjoyed by Russians due to the booming economy and patriotism than any other people around the world (with the exception of us). Russia still keeps the tradition by minting fablous coins such as the 10 ruble bimetal coins.

For us, enquiring minds and showing off one's collection cannot be any happier as this is an excellent place to share one's passions. Perhaps I have been way too overenthusatic as some 19% of my posts are in here ;) I'll have to stay back and learn more in the dark :D

Thank you for taking your time to read and may the Russian numismatics in coinpeople continue to prosper :ninja: Once again, big round of applause for everyone participating and special thanks to Stujoe and akdrv for creating this forum. :D

This has been a terrific success! Russian forum is now the largest and most active of the specialized numismatic forums. While I don't write much, it's my daily pleasure to read all the new messages. Thank you all, I've learned tonns of new stuff because of you! And I think I'm not the only one :ninja:

EDIT: this is the message nuber 4999. Who's going to post the number 5000?

Looks like I hit the 5000 and the 5001th post

I'll take the 5002nd :ninja:

Aren't you secretly hoarding some hot Russian coins behind us? ;)

I'm trying ;)

Seriously, I've been quite busy studying and such. I'm planning to move soon, perhaps during the summer (hopefully). I live rather far from everything, practically in the middle of nowhere ;)

QX is right! I just noted that all of a sudden Russian coins forum became one of the most popular on Coinpeople going close to general World coins section. I think we should be upgraded to Main forums rather than stay Specialized :ninja:;);););)

Archived