CoinPeople.com

1930 SILVER 20 KOPECKS

WCO

it is ordinary coin with the price of not more than 10euro

Thank you p911 and welcome to the forum. What city are you in?

This coin is struck with obverse of 3 Kopecks and reverse of 20 Kopecks. In "CCCP" letters are rounded as on 3 Kopecks of 1926. Compare this coin to other 20 Kopeck coins.

WCO

It indeed is slightly different. Here's mine (a normal one) for comparison :

902269.jpg

There seem to be differences especially in the Soviet emblem and the letters CCCP.

It indeed is slightly different. Here's mine (a normal one) for comparison :

902269.jpg

There seem to be differences especially in the Soviet emblem and the letters CCCP.

Yes, this is a regular example with obverse and reverse of 20 Kopecks. Worth just a few dollars. Even though on it letters "CCCP" are weakly struck it is still possible to see that they are way less round.

Technically the first coin is a mule, but this kind of terminology was never used in Russia. In all Russian references it is listed as "1930 20 Kopecks with obverse of 1926 3 Kopecks", rarity R2. And also known similar 1928 and 1929 20 Kopecks with 1929 being the least rare, about 50 known. So any ideas on its price?

WCO

Thank you p911 and welcome to the forum. What city are you in?

This coin is struck with obverse of 3 Kopecks and reverse of 20 Kopecks. In "CCCP" letters are rounded as on 3 Kopecks of 1926. Compare this coin to other 20 Kopeck coins.

WCO

I am from Moscow, WCO- u r right about the "CCCP" letters, i found this coin in auction http://www.numizma.ru/viewlot.asp?id=13525 - the price is 1122 rubels, so but i didnt find a photo.

here is a link about statistics of sold 20 kop 1930 on auctions, there were sold several coins of this types of CCCP / the maximum price is near 7800 rubels

http://tsovin.ru/coins/?nom=&met=i...p;s=nou&p=8

I am from Moscow, WCO- u r right about the "CCCP" letters, i found this coin in auction http://www.numizma.ru/viewlot.asp?id=13525 - the price is 1122 rubels, so but i didnt find a photo.

here is a link about statistics of sold 20 kop 1930 on auctions, there were sold several coins of this types of CCCP / the maximum price is near 7800 rubels

http://tsovin.ru/coins/?nom=&met=i...p;s=nou&p=8

I got all the records from the same and other sources (look the very first message). About 6-7 pieces were sold since 2000 that I was able to find. 7729 Rubles (close to $300) that was for AU coin and a year ago. And AU was the highest grade that was sold since year 2000. The question is what a BU coin would worth today? Still think it's below 10 Euro? :ninja:

WCO

I got all the records from the same and other sources (look the very first message). About 6-7 pieces were sold since 2000 that I was able to find. 7729 Rubles (close to $300) that was for AU coin and a year ago. And AU was the highest grade that was sold since year 2000. The question is what a BU coin would worth today? Still think it's below 10 Euro? :ninja:

WCO

i suppose 700-900 euro

i suppose 700-900 euro

Thank you for the help. I hope someone else will give an advise too. :ninja:

Question off topic. p911, what coins you collect, or you are a dealer? Often visiting coin club in Ulan Bator? In another thread you offered help with buying coins from Russia. I am actually interested in some modern coins like rare coins after 1957, especially most recent rarities. I am in New-York, so how you can help me with them?

WCO

Question off topic. p911, what coins you collect, or you are a dealer? Often visiting coin club in Ulan Bator? In another thread you offered help with buying coins from Russia. I am actually interested in some modern coins like rare coins after 1957, especially most recent rarities. I am in New-York, so how you can help me with them?

WCO

So, i collect Russian Rubles before 1917. I visit UlanBator every Sunday.

If u know Russian legislation forbids to take out the coins higher than 50 years old from the country.

But in your case it is possible. So if u r interested in some modern coins u may tell me what u want to buy.

So actually u wont visit Russia, therefore the coins can be sent to US.

If u got any questions about coins - I can help.

So, i collect Russian Rubles before 1917. I visit UlanBator every Sunday.

If u know Russian legislation forbids to take out the coins higher than 50 years old from the country.

But in your case it is possible. So if u r interested in some modern coins u may tell me what u want to buy.

So actually u wont visit Russia, therefore the coins can be sent to US.

If u got any questions about coins - I can help.

Please quote 1990-M 5 Kopecks and 10 Kopecks, 1991 no mintmark 10 and 20 Kopecks, 2001 50 Kop, 1 and 2 Rubles, 1992 10 Rubles bimetallic, type of 1991. 1993 Bimetallic 50 Rubles type of 1992. I am looking for Choice BU coins only.

WCO

5 kop 1990 m costs near 50$

10 kop 1990 m - near 100$

10 kop no mintmark - 50$-60$

20 kop no mintmark - near 500$

50 kop 2001 - near 1500$-rare not easy to find/

1 Rub 2001- near 1500$-rare not easy to find/

2 Rub 2001- near 1500$-rare not easy to find/

10 rub 1992 - 40-50$

50 rub 1993 bimet - near 300$

10 rub 1992 - 40-50$

I am interested. Do you have any of these available in Super Uncirculated condition? If yes, please contact me via personal messages with the info how I can buy it. Thank you.

WCO

WCO

;)

$1000 I think will be Okey for this Condition.

10 rub 1992 - 40-50$

p911 :ninja:

Could you send me VIA message about details?

Thanks!

In all Russian references it is listed as "1930 20 Kopecks with obverse of 1926 3 Kopecks", rarity R2.

Not exactly correct.

In 1974, Mr Moshniagin and Mr Dashevsky in their publication in Soviet Collector #12 mentioned on page 126 (translated from Russian):

"...there are known examples of 20 kopeks 1928-1930 minted with obverse of 3 kopeks 1926. Rarity-R1".

Based on the comparison with other coins' rarity levels from the publication, I'd suggest that the price should be somewhere between $150 and $200. Again, this is just my opinion.

Best wishes from

Not exactly correct.

In 1974, Mr Moshniagin and Mr Dashevsky in their publication in Soviet Collector #12 mentioned on page 126 (translated from Russian):

"...there are known examples of 20 kopeks 1928-1930 minted with obverse of 3 kopeks 1926. Rarity-R1".

Based on the comparison with other coins' rarity levels from the publication, I'd suggest that the price should be somewhere between $150 and $200. Again, this is just my opinion.

Best wishes from

GHV, Oldman, Thank you for your opinions.

In any case it's a scarce coin. In Moshniagin & Dashevskiy article it said for all 3 dates that rarity is R1. And what R1 means there? And it is obvious that 3 dates have different rarity levels with 1928 found more often.

Schelokov lists 1930 20 Kopecks as R2 (less than 35 known).

Best regards,

WCO

GHV, Oldman, Thank you for your opinions.

In any case it's a scarce coin. In Moshniagin & Dashevskiy article it said for all 3 dates that rarity is R1. And what R1 means there? And it is obvious that 3 dates have different rarity levels with 1928 found more often.

R1 means R1 and not R2 or R3 :ninja: Seriously, this is the lowest rarity level in their publication (R1 through R5).

Schelokov lists 1930 20 Kopecks as R2 (less than 35 known).

Best regards,

WCO

I would not bet on the number here - all numbers are very generic and do not reflect actual situation.

In any event, the coin is nice and scarce but I don' t believe it should be valued much more than I have already suggested.

Thank you,

• 3 weeks later...
R1 means R1 and not R2 or R3 :ninja: Seriously, this is the lowest rarity level in their publication (R1 through R5).

I would not bet on the number here - all numbers are very generic and do not reflect actual situation.

In any event, the coin is nice and scarce but I don' t believe it should be valued much more than I have already suggested.

Thank you,

...and I was 100 % right !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

These coins are not very popular . If it were a simple Rouble.....;)

Trully yours,

...and I was 100 % right !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

These coins are not very popular . If it were a simple Rouble.....;)

Trully yours,

Hi,

When we were guessing the price for this coin, we didn't know that we talking about Cleaned coin price :-)

For cleaned coin I think final price was quite high.

But if coin will be in BU GEM condition as MS65/66, I'm sure price could be much much higher.

:ninja:

Archived