CoinPeople.com

Best Coin Mags

TreasureGirl

Which magazines do you subscribe to? My parents got me COINage's for Christmas and birthdays, but I was wondering what the differences were among the magazines so I could get more for my money.

Thanks!

I've found Coin Values to be an interesting magazine. Since part of what I buy a magazine for is the ads, CV gets more of my magazine budget than the others do.

I also find Coin Vales to be an interesting magazine. I also like Coin World alot.

I get COINage at Barnes and Noble when I get a chance. I like their broader articles on the hobby and their images are so nice. I subscribed to both COINage and Coin World many years ago. Earlier this year I subscribed to the online edition of CW. I love the publication but I couldn't keep up with the weekly releases, its much better for those who have more free time than I do.

So, my knowledge and experience prefers CW and COINage but COINage is my preferred publication for a quick read before bed.

Due to the area I live in I do not get any mail that would be an indicator of having anything worth a home burglary, home invasion, etc. If your in an area where there is any crime, you should consider having such mail sent to a post office box, not a home address. Such magazines sticking out of a mail box, delivered to the wrong address and even a dishonest postal worker could be a signal that you have something worth borrowing. So far on the block I live on there have been two such robberies where the main items stolen were coins. Just my opinion due to location.

Ahh, so I've heard. I'm not too worried about it here; crime is next to zero here (vandalism is the biggest problem, really), and the first thing people would make off with if they decided to rob us would be the $1200 projector sitting on the entertainment center. My collection is worth about $100, tops.

But I can see what you're saying - don't give them an excuse to break in in the first place, you know.

Due to the area I live in I do not get any mail that would be an indicator of having anything worth a home burglary, home invasion, etc. If your in an area where there is any crime, you should consider having such mail sent to a post office box, not a home address. Such magazines sticking out of a mail box, delivered to the wrong address and even a dishonest postal worker could be a signal that you have something worth borrowing. So far on the block I live on there have been two such robberies where the main items stolen were coins. Just my opinion due to location.

I had my recent subscrption to CW in the online form. I thought it would be more convenient and I wouls save some trees. That is a good option for those worried about delivery.

I did miss being able to go to sleep with a coin mag on my chest.

I had my recent subscrption to CW in the online form. I thought it would be more convenient and I wouls save some trees. That is a good option for those worried about delivery.

does coin world deliver the content in a pdf for easy archiving, or do you have to browse their website?

You have access to essentially a pdf copy of the newest issue. You can click on an article and it opens it in a new window for easier viewing with larger text. You can save articles that you particularly enjoyed to a collection. The most recent 12 issues of CW are also saved. A search bar allows you to search all of the issues for any term in their ad/article/editorial/etc space.

But... you cannot download each issue to your desktop. I wish I had the option of doing this so I could read them offline at my own pace in my free time.

I monitor Coin World Web site and a few others also. I download or copy any articles on there, the PCGS web site, NGC web site and a few others. Even here there are occationally some deucational post and I copy and print them. One more thing is every time I shut down the computer I run a program called Clean Up. It wipes out all sorts of cookies and spikes people try to put into your computer. It is free and all you have to do is go to Google and type in Clean Up. That just shows you how living in this area has made me into a security nut.

• 4 months later...

I get CoinWorld and the Numismatist. I like them both. I check the ads just to see "what's happening" in particular coin series. I used to get CoinAge and Numismatic News as well but haven't for many many years. I liked NN and am seriously considering a run at a year subscription. World Coin News is supposed to be really interesting as well. Haven't tried it though.

I get Coins and Coinage. Both great mags and information. I think I must have nearly 25 to 30 years worth of Back Issues of both. The Ads can be fun to look at after many years to see what the market was like then.

Archived