CoinPeople.com

Moldavia~Wallachia 3 Para 1772

Scottishmoney

I decided to sell some of my old coins on eBay. One of them is a 1773 2 para coin. I bought it way back in 2001, and haven't played with it in a while. When I was listing the coin and editing images I noticed something unusual. The spacing between И and ВАЛОСК is, in my opinion, unusually great.

Is this a known and frequent variety, or should I end my listing? :ninja:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320331723085

Its fine Alex. I've seen others with the same spacing.

Steve

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A nice one from my collection: gallery_20_40_8440.jpg

I like very much mine ...

I like very much mine ...

I like very much mine - opposite side...

NIce. Thanks for showing. :ninja:

you are welcome...

have you ever seen a similar to this one... ;)

you are welcome...

have you ever seen a similar to this one... :ninja:

sorry....rotating... ;)

• 1 month later...

Here's my recent aquisition. This is a serious upgrade from the previous 2 Para/3 Kopek 1772 specimen that I posted earlier in this thread. While not top grade, It certainly is better than what you usually find for this denomination.

Link: http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=960586

Here's my recent aquisition. This is a serious upgrade from the previous 2 Para/3 Kopek 1772 specimen that I posted earlier in this thread. While not top grade, It certainly is better than what you usually find for this denomination.

Link: http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=960586

much better than your earlier piece, i think i saw it recently on ebay...

much better than your earlier piece, i think i saw it recently on ebay...

It is. I won it on Ebay last week. Here's a photo of the 1 Para/3 Dengi 1772 coin. I took this with a digital camera and is better than the washed out image that I got from my scanner.

MoldaviaWallachia1Para3Dengi1772.jpg

MOLDAVIA & WALLACHIA 1 Para/3 Dengi 1772 (Large Crown)

DJB and one_kuna, what's the weight of your coins?

I haven't weighed the coins myself (I don't have a scale to weigh them), but according to the description in the auction for the 2 Para/3 Kopek coin, it said 18.2 grams. I don't know what the weight is for the 1 Para/3 Dengi coin. If I get more info, I'll let you know.

will do as soon as reach a scale, thank you...

• 2 months later...

Here is the latest addition to my collection. This is a 2 Para/3 Kopek 1773 specimen. It's not often you find these in uncirculated (or nearly so) condition. It's sad that someone mounted this. Fortunately, it's only on the reverse, and mostly away from the design.

MoldaviaWallachia2Para3Kopek1773-1.jpg

MOLDAVIA & WALLACHIA 2 Para/3 Kopek 1773

Here is the latest addition to my collection. This is a 2 Para/3 Kopek 1773 specimen. It's not often you find these in uncirculated (or nearly so) condition. It's sad that someone mounted this. Fortunately, it's only on the reverse, and mostly away from the design.

Obverse- Link: http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww65/sa...pg&newest=1

Reverse- Link: http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww65/sa...pg&newest=1

easy going over a thousand dollars if not mounted :ninja:

I have some results on the dimensions for my 2 Para/3 Kopek 1773 coin. It's about 35mm, and approximately 23.5 grams. I don't know if the excess weight is due to the spurs left over by the soldering or not. I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought these today at a small coin fair here in Donets'k:

DSC02390.jpg

I approached the seller thinking he is going to try to convince me that these things are the real McCoy's, he had a lot of fakes, most of them not so nice as these. I started conversing with him about the stuff he had on his table, and he ask me, "You have an accent, where are you from? Great, I think, now I am going to get the whole these are great coins, worth every last kopek etc. But I tell him where I am from originally, and he apologizes because he thought I thought the coins were real. "No, I collect the real ones, but these are nice replicas though" I got a good deal on them and now have something that is a fairly decent representation of what these looked like when they were closer to brand new.

There were even fake Tsar Nikolai kopeks, which are so common around here that I have to wonder why you would go to the trouble. But at least this seller is telling you up front they are fakes and pricing them like fakes(sort of like a next best thing)

I bought these today at a small coin fair here in Donets'k:

I approached the seller thinking he is going to try to convince me that these things are the real McCoy's, he had a lot of fakes, most of them not so nice as these. I started conversing with him about the stuff he had on his table, and he ask me, "You have an accent, where are you from? Great, I think, now I am going to get the whole these are great coins, worth every last kopek etc. But I tell him where I am from originally, and he apologizes because he thought I thought the coins were real. "No, I collect the real ones, but these are nice replicas though" I got a good deal on them and now have something that is a fairly decent representation of what these looked like when they were closer to brand new.

There were even fake Tsar Nikolai kopeks, which are so common around here that I have to wonder why you would go to the trouble. But at least this seller is telling you up front they are fakes and pricing them like fakes(sort of like a next best thing)

nice replicas, probably placed on low-production somewhere, also all tourists want souvenirs :ninja:

The animals on the shields looks funny. The ox has a nice haircut!

I have to take better photographs of the fronts of the coins. I don't have scanner here, only my camera. I was hoping to pick up some of the Holodomor coins from last year, the 20 Hryven coins in silver, but nobody had them.

I was hoping to pick up some of the Holodomor coins from last year, the 20 Hryven coins in silver, but nobody had them.

Are they that closely held in Ukraine? Excessively low mintage? Or maybe mostly exported? Or some combination? :ninja:

Are they that closely held in Ukraine? Excessively low mintage? Or maybe mostly exported? Or some combination? :ninja:

They are not that closely held, it was just that I didn't see any yesterday. Buying them online the prices are all over the place.

Archived