CoinPeople.com

Moldavia~Wallachia 3 Para 1772

Scottishmoney

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed! The cow and the chicken are typically the most worn. The obverse usually look like boobs with a crown.

.. actually yours is the 1 para, 3 Dengi, which is 1 1/2 kopecks. The big brother is the 2 para, 3 kopeck. alas, i have no cows or chickens to be proud of!

923141.jpg

Can you provide me the exact weight of yours Sadagura coins? I have almost done a study about these coins (target is 100 pieces). I need data for 8 or 9 more coins to finish it.

BTW: Superb coin, Dave! :ninja:

The weight range of my coins of 2 Para - 3 kopeks is from 14.5 to 20.80 grams, and for Para - 3 dengi is from 8.69 to 12.62 grams. Yours is in the middle. If you want to see my coins, visit my site (link in my signature) and go to "Sadagura" section.

Thank you for the info!

Thanks for showing Timofei! :ninja:

By the way, I must assume that the edge of the coin is very hot? ;) Would it be possible if you can take a photo of it? ;)

I will try the edge, but I am not so good at taking pictures of edges. BTW, the edge is quite smooth. Another good example of excelent Para is the lot #14844 sold at Heritage last year - that was NGS MS63 BN coin, you can look at the image of that nice coin in Heritage auction database. To my mind the bigger coin - 2 para is much harder to find in a decent condition and almost impossible in mint state.

This is the latest addition to my collection. This is common but RB (red-brown) para. Weight is 12.22 gr

Congratulations! That is an absolutely amazing example. :ninja:

These coins almost always come in horrid condition. Examples like yours are few and far between.

• 1 year later...
This is the latest addition to my collection. This is common but RB (red-brown) para. Weight is 12.22 gr

Beautiful. Now THAT is museum quality. I especially love the toning.

:ninja:

Wow ... so THAT's what they are supposed to look like. Very nice coin!

This is a specimen of the 1 Para/3 Dengi coin from 1772. Sorry if the image is slightly blurry.

Moldavia & Wallachia 1 Para/3Dengi 1772 (Large Crown Var.)

This is a specimen of the 1 Para/3 Dengi coin from 1772. Sorry if the image is slight blurry.

Moldavia & Wallachia 1 Para/3Dengi 1772 (Large Crown Var.)

;)

Another exceptionally nicely detailed and high grade coin from a series almost always found in miserable condition. :ninja:

Agreed! The cow and the chicken are typically the most worn. The obverse usually look like boobs with a crown.

.. actually yours is the 1 para, 3 Dengi, which is 1 1/2 kopecks. The big brother is the 2 para, 3 kopeck. alas, i have no cows or chickens to be proud of!

923141.jpg

Boobs with a crown, thats hilarious :ninja: . In any case, I'd say your specimen wins over mine.

Moldavia & Wallachia 2 Para/ 3 Kopeck 1772

A nice one from my collection: gallery_20_40_8440.jpg

Very nice! Other than the weak strike between 8-11 o'clock on the obverse side, this is an excellent specimen. The detail on the shields is extraordinary. Usually the detail in the center is very weak to non-existant. Thanks for sharing.

Archived