CoinPeople.com

Hello

Hello everyone,

I know a few of you from another site and I'm glad to meet the rest of you... ;)

I am relatively new to really collecting although I have horded a few coins here and there most of my life. I am currently working a set of Kennedy Halves and any coin with a sail-ship on it. Also love the ASE and Morgans and Old US gold pieces - lol - but then who doesn't :ninja:

I like learning as much as I can in-between work, wife, and two young kids. I sometimes ask stupid questions and often get excited about relatively minor stuff so I hope you will put up with me ;)

Look forward to making new friends and sharing in my adventures.

Thanks in advance for your help and honest opinions...

Darryl

I am currently working a set of Kennedy Halves and any coin with a sail-ship on it.

Nice theme!

Canada 10c

US State Quarters RI, VA

Cayman Islands 25c

Bahamas 25c

South Korea 5 Won

Belize 1 Dollar

Bahamas 25c

South Korea 5 Won

Malta 10c

Australia 50c (One year only, late 70's I think - gotta go check my set)

Fiji 50c

NZ 50c

NZ 10c & 20 c (1990, I think)

Isle of Man 5p

Isle of Man 2p

Kiribati 1 Dollar

East Timor 25c

And that's just the circulating issues I can think of off the top of my head.

It gives me great pleasure to Welcome you to the Wonderful place here. it is a land like no other with free posting and a few silent partners we here would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts and send you a big spazmatic Welcome.

Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. Kennedy halfs make a nice collection. The theme collection of ships is quite interesting. :ninja:

Thank you everyone! I am happy to share what showed up in the mail this morning. :ninja:

De Orc - It's good to hear from you. Hope all is well across the pond...

Akdrv - very nice... De Orc helped me along a little with my collection including that coin - different year. Yours has very nice toning. Thanks.

Best Regards

Darryl

2007_ASE_Proof_Obv_1.jpg

Here is the Reverse. :ninja:

2007_ASE_Proof_Rev_1.jpg

Topher,

Thanks for the list. Many of them I have ( I think ) but some I don't so I will print out the list and keep it handy when I'm at shows or shopping ebay.

Darryl

Topher,

Thanks for the list. Many of them I have ( I think ) but some I don't so I will print out the list and keep it handy when I'm at shows or shopping ebay.

Darryl

I know there's more that I'm missing, but I can't remember enough details off the top of my head.

I believe all the current Qatar coins have sail-ships on the reverse (or is it the obverse?)

There are also sail-ships on one of the Greek coins (I think it's one of the 50 Drachmes), Norway and Gibralter have sail-ship coins as well. I'm pretty sure the Bermuda 1 Dollar is another one. If I think of more, I'll post here. I really like that theme, and may put together a set of sail-ship coins myself. (Thanks for the idea.)

I really like that theme, and may put together a set of sail-ship coins myself. (Thanks for the idea.)

You are quite welcome. When I have a little time I will put together a post of the coins-with-ships that I have.

Best Regards

Darryl

Welcome and:

york.jpg

Here is my contribution to coins with ships...conder edition!

Thanks Drusus,

That's a nice half penny!

Best Regards

Darryl

• 4 weeks later...

Archived