CoinPeople.com

Hey there. I'm Ryan from Juneau, Alaska. I like to collect both coins and bills. I particularly like Wheat Cents, and I have a real like for foreign coins (have got at least something from about two dozen countries). My hobby's progress is a little slow here; circulation (where I get most of my stuff) is poor outside of tourist season. We don't have a good collectibles store here, either. We do, however, get a lot of Canadian money, which I do like a lot.

I have uploaded a couple of pictures of bills, which I can photograph pretty decently, but I can't do coins very well at all, so I'll do my best to describe them (and I'll work on my photography sk1llz).

Anyways, glad to be here and I look forward to discussions.

Welcome!

Last time I was in Juneau, if I remember correctly it was in Juneau, where i went into a tourist shop and the counter has a glass over the wooden top - between which were about 75 world banknotes that I had to stop and look at for a while - but alas they weren't for sale. :ninja:

Glad to have you here!

Well, I could put a Kennedy clad half into circulation in Juneau next month, and also a couple of euro coins. But I doubt the latter would be gladly accepted at stores. :ninja: Anyway, welcome to CoinPeople!

Christian

It gives me great pleaser to Welcome you to the Wonderful place here. it is a land like no other with free posting and a few silent partners we here would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts and send you a big spazmatic Wlcome.

Welcome aboard, and with a name like yours, hopefully we will get you into ancients very very soon.

Haha, that would be swell. I have a nice poster showcasing some really nice ancient coins; I suppose I wouldn't mind having some. Also I'm looking to go into archaeology, and I would imagine that ancient money is a standard find in that line of work.

I've been using this username for about three and a half years now on different websites; it has a nice ring to it.

Well, I could put a Kennedy clad half into circulation in Juneau next month, and also a couple of euro coins. But I doubt the latter would be gladly accepted at stores. :ninja: Anyway, welcome to CoinPeople!

Christian

Thanks. I regret to say that I've never come across any half-dollar or dollar coins in circulation, but my younger sister has a couple of Sacagawea dollars. Go figure! Also, the Canadian coins seem to circulate very freely around here; nobody cares that much. Now that I think about it, I actually found a Canadian dime in a roll of US dimes a few years back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived