CoinPeople.com

John Adams

Dockwalliper

IIRC, the 1999 SBA's were made because the existing stocks were drawn down.

The small dollar [sBA's, Sackies, Prez's] gets most of its use as a transportation token in the Northeastern corridor [Washington to Boston]. Subways, toll roads, and toll bridges use them.

With regard to a President with no wife, I guess the emblem of Liberty to be used on Andy Jackson's coin would be a Bust by Reich, and the emblem for James Buchanan would be a Seated Liberty. Hmmm...

...With regard to a President with no wife, I guess the emblem of Liberty to be used on Andy Jackson's coin would be a Bust by Reich, and the emblem for James Buchanan would be a Seated Liberty. Hmmm...

May make an interesting trio of modern gold. If they stick with the half cent Liberty (as on the Jefferson), then Van Buren's would be Gobrecht's braided hair. Three gold pieces from designs by Scott, Reich and Gobrecht - can't complain! As for Buchanan - ????? A "Liberty" collection would have been more interesting for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Maybe I'm the first who read that, but if somebody already told you that, I feel really sorry about that, because I didn't search enough for it.

The new Yeoman 2008 61st Edition says, there would be issued Silver presidential dollars. But seriously I thought there would never be issued some??

I'm a little bit confused because of that, so please, if I was wrong, explain in a very easy way :ninja:

http://www.emuenzen.de/forum/attachment.ph...mp;d=1177848612

The new Yeoman 2008 61st Edition says, there would be issued Silver presidential dollars. But seriously I thought there would never be issued some??

I'm a little bit confused because of that, so please, if I was wrong, explain in a very easy way ;)

OK, the easy way: No law -> no coins. :ninja:

Seriously, such coins would have to be approved by the US Congress. Currently there is no such act (de: Gesetz) and I think there is no such bill (de: Gesetzentwurf) either. So I don't see what would be the legal basis of such issues ...

Christian

On May 17, 2007, the John Adams $1 Coin, the second in the Presidential $1 Coin Series, will be available to the public. So remember to communicate with your financial institutions about your interest in getting unmixed rolls or bags of the John Adams $1 Coin. On May 22, there will be a John Adams $1 Coin Launch event in downtown Quincy, Massachusetts. There will be a Coin Exchange from 7:30 am - 11:00 am, and a official ceremony with the Director of the United States Mint, Edmund C. Moy, and other dignitaries at 9:30 am. A variety of other activities, including local vendors selling various goods featuring $1 coin promotions, will also gain media attention. So if you are in the greater Boston/Quincy area, plan to attend this historic event! We will release more details as they become avaialble.

Ordering Period for the John Adams $1 Coin, from the Fed., Starts today May 3rd.

I would gladly take National Parks, national points of interest and any wildlife series the mint would strike but POLITICS keep the coinage POLITICAL so dead presidents don't do much for me. The constant onslaught of political coinage forced me to world wide coinage in 2002 and I can actually say its the best thing that ever happened to my collecting habits. I have discovered new cultures, new art, new beauty and a whole world of classics that I had been blind to in the past. And, thanks to the internet there is a world wide audience for this type of collecting and it comes with trading, buying and selling opportunities that are unequalled in my lifetime! What a great time to be a world collector and member of the Darkside!!!

Archived