CoinPeople.com

John Adams

Dockwalliper

Then we'll probably have a Vice Presidential run followed by Secretaries of State, Secretaries of The Treasury, Supreme Court Justices, etc. -- you get the idea.......

Then we'll probably have a Vice Presidential run followed by Secretaries of State, Secretaries of The Treasury, Supreme Court Justices, etc. -- you get the idea.......

Oh come on now. Do you think the government would ever put just anybody on our coins and stamps? Why just what would things be like if for instance there were Elvis or other singers and movie people on our stamps. However I am waiting for the Christmas Tree coin, Easter Bunny Coin, 9mm Glock coin, AK47 coin, Tucker Car coin, Mayor Daley of Chicago coin, Al Capone coin, etc. :ninja:

And after that, the time woud be ripe for a commemorative half dollar depicting Fiddy Cent and the GU doing one of their immortally forgettable rap numbers. At least ol' Fiddy has a numismatic connection through his stage name, unlike most of the politicians who could be used for image models. The GU half dollar could be rhodium plated with some cubic zirconias on it.

That would be a blingin' boss dog coin, you feel me?

I can hardly wait.

better than having an inbred king or queen on a coin whose claim to fame was being born :ninja:

I am interested in most of the earlier presidents...I think I will stop caring by the time the hit Jackson.

better than having an inbred king or queen on a coin whose claim to fame was being born :ninja:

Well, that would make the coin that much more interesting..

I am interested in most of the earlier presidents...I think I will stop caring by the time the hit Jackson.

You mean you won't get excited by your first James K. Polk dollar??

I am looking forward to the Warren G. Harding coin...to be honest...I truly want the so-called 'bad' presidents like him...make a little collection of worst presidents...

Maybe they can put his quote on the coin:

"I am not fit for this office and never should have been here" :ninja:

Or Franklin Pierce who died of alcoholism ;)

I love the history of our presidents good and bad...probably why I like the idea of this series.

I am looking forward to the Warren G. Harding coin...to be honest...I truly want the so-called 'bad' presidents like him...make a little collection of worst presidents...

He had more affairs than philandering Bill ever did. And persistent rumours have it that his wife knocked him off when they got to San Fran after a trip on the west coast.

Actually I think he will be the only prez with aesthetic appeal. I still think he has the coolest looking official mug shot of the bunch. Spicoli anyone?? :ninja:

james-polk.jpg

I personally, really cant wait for the Reagan dollar!

Well, ya got a ten year wait ahead of you buddy but maybe you can satiate your hunger for Reagan with one of THESE babies!!!!

reagan_dimewebformatsm.jpg

Hey, it's got a certificate of authenticity so it's gotta be legit, right?

Yeah, why were they reinstituted in 1999 again? I though the SBA failed miserably from 1979-1981 and no more were minted until that year...

I still think people should get back into using half-dollars before putting all this pressure on the dollar.

Well...Being that the half dollar is bigger than the dollar...

I think we should put the half dollar on what is now the dollar and put the dollar on what is the half dollar. Put them into demoninations by sizes...but then they would have to change the dime!

Archived