CoinPeople.com

i need help

siluska

someone is tring to sell me a 1830 10 rouble banknote. it looks preety good- i think its a vf for 50 $-but i dont know exactly if it's genuine or not. unfortunatly i cant place here the picture. there for i ask:

1. what dimension has this banknote?

2. has a watermark?

3 the second signature it's handwriten or printed?

i don't know much about the older notes, but i looked up the banknote on ron wise's website, (http://www.banknoteworld.com)

judging from these similar notes, (different years), it seems we can answer a few of your questions. keep in mind these are just observations from the pictures, so i may be wrong.

1) i have no idea

2) looks like none

3) definitely hand signed. the reverse shows ink bleeding through.

1819:

RussiaPA18-10Rubles-1819-donatedos_f.jpg

RussiaPA18-10Rubles-1819-donatedos_b.jpg

1840:

RussiaPA18-10Rubles-1840-donatedos_f.jpg

RussiaPA18-10Rubles-1840-donatedos_b.jpg

1841:

RussiaPA18-10Rubles-1841-donatedos_f.jpg

RussiaPA18-10Rubles-1841-donatedos_b.jpg

I would be suprised if such notes are available relatively cheap - old Russian notes are known to be rather expensive and I'll rather stay away unless you know the seller well enough.

This is the only site that I know that features old Russian banknotes. http://park3.wakwak.com/~sim1351/BANKNOTE.html

Perhaps you might want to check out ebay but I never collect such old Russian banknotes. Can't help I'm afraid :ninja:

I would think for that kind of price it is definately a fake.

my instinct say something else. the sealer isn't a colectionary: he foud it in his grandmother house-at least he say so. he dosn't now enything oabut it, even he cant read it because its russian. but i dont know if schould i troust him

i must have the dimension of that banknote to convince me. enyone has in his collection a similar banknote?

The catalog states no information of the size. There is mention that the first signature is printed and it should read: Director Havanskii THe second signature is under Cashier and is handwritten - there are many varieties. While my catalog is a number of years old, the price range is stated as being: Good: 300.00 Fine: 650.00 and XF: -

Then thre is the preface before the note series which states that some of the forgeries have a Cyrillic L instead of a D in the text... I am afraid I am not able to put the cyrillic text into this message, but I know that there are those who can... ? Basically there is what looks like an A with the left bottom end having a tail and without the middle filled in, and the other is almost the same bit with two tails on both the left and the right bottom ends.

A second note under valuations states that the Napoleonic forgeries are worth the same as the genuine notes. So there might be some validation there. Perhaps it is worth a chance - perhaps not... unfortunately I can't make that decision for you, but I hope this information helps you decide.

So, Siluska .... Deal, or No Deal?

The Cyrillic L is Л or lower case л the Cyrillic D is Д and lower case д, because of script variations they may look slightly different on the note.

These forgeries are old, not new and it is entirely possible that they could have been lying around for awhile.

The Cyrillic L is Л or lower case л the Cyrillic D is Д and lower case д, because of script variations they may look slightly different on the note.

These forgeries are old, not new and it is entirely possible that they could have been lying around for awhile.

I've always been confused by Russian letters there seems to be at least three "N"'s. Can anyone post an English/Russian letter conversion please :ninja:

someone is tring to sell me a 1830 10 rouble banknote. it looks preety good- i think its a vf for 50 $-but i dont know exactly if it's genuine or not. unfortunatly i cant place here the picture. there for i ask:

1. what dimension has this banknote?

2. has a watermark?

3 the second signature it's handwriten or printed?

Based on the Krause's Catalog,

The 10 Ruble issued from 1819-1843 (P# A18): Pink paper, Good ($300.00), Fine ($650.00)

This is only information I can acquire, good luck.

Archived