CoinPeople.com

Went to a coin dealer...

Phoenix21

and I think I made some nice buys. I got:

8 rolls of wheats (will let everyone know what I find from them, got these for $14)

My first Franklin half, a 57 D, in BU condition for $13.50

A nice looking 1956 PR Gem Full steps for $4

and a BU 1968 S full steps for $2

So I think I got some okay deals. All of them I got because I liked them, and wanted some. So wasn't a half bad day. Oh, and I also got a complete set of BU cents 59-82, with all the 82 varieties, for a dollar. Thanks for reading!

Phoenix :ninja:

I am not sure about some of those deals, but buying the complete BU set of Lincoln cents from 59-82 for $1 was the deal of the century!!! That's 57 cents face value for a buck!!!

I know. Can't beat that! The 58 proof I got I might have overpayed a tad I think, but not sure. Can't find much about it. But the brilliance of it is amazing! I know I overpayed on the Franklin, but to me it is nice and that is as low as I could get him lol. Strangly, I can't find much on the 68 S FS. Does anyone know it's value? My pice guide is telling me $150, but that can't be. Could it?

Phoenix :ninja:

It could be worth that much if it is a business strike. Some dates/mints are really hard to find full steps in. Is it a proof or business strike?

The 59-82 set was well worth it. More value in copper there than what you paid for the set! Awesome deal.

You made some great purchases. I think Franklins are extremely attractive in BU/PF condition. I'd pickup all the Lincoln sets I could find at that price. They make great gifts for potential collectors.

Archived