CoinPeople.com

Selling Duplicate Coins

ClearwaterCoins

Ask any one of the number of us that have successfully sold stuff here in our very ownest Coinpeople venue, just place your ad and preferably nice pics in the advertising forums. That way you sell to people you know, and do not incur the outrageous fees and unknown buyers like doing business on that big bad auction forum.

Want to Sell on Coinpeople

Anything small... $20 or less I have sent cash before. You create bonds with the sellers/buyers here and there is a LOT of trust. Anything over $20, money orders or personal checks.

Just make sure if you send cash that it is packaged well. Couple pieces of paper folded around the cash hides it from view well. If/when I send coins (as payment) I tape them to the paper so there is no jingle to entice an otherwise good postal employee :ninja:

-Bobby

I have bought from corinas auctions and other members...corina I just send cash...if its expensive I use paypal or a check.

Come to think of it, I have bought quite a few things from members here...coins from china, auction lots, and other world coins...;) Not to mention the give aways like the Hell notes and what not...cool forum and cool peeps....

BTW...I now collect hell notes...I have issues...I like almost everything numismatic that I see :ninja:

I usually send cash for payments to CoinPeeps, unless they have paypal and then I use that. Paypal is my favorite for ebay as well.

List your coins on Ebay. Get a Pay Pal account. Start your bidding at 99cents. Long auctions do not generate

higher prices. Be honest on your listing and you will get a better price then a coin dealer will give you.

Sellers who do not take Pay Pal receive fewer bids and lower prices.

Sell them here. Ebay sucks out loud for a fat man's ass, in my humble opinion. I just did an overall review of my ebay activity for the past year and discovered that ebay got me for 14.8% of my sales. I closed my store and ended all my active listings as soon as I saw what it had cost me to sell there last year.

If you do sell on ebay ignore anyone who tells you to start your auction at 99 cents with no reserve unless you'd like to sell your coin for 99 cents. That's ebay's typical advice and it's a sucker's play.

28plain

I fully agree

I have been trying to sell 100 year old stuff on ebay ( My mother died at 94 )

Sofar I sold a bedroom in Hungarian oak where after ebay finished with me I was left with 275 euro

I sold a new Astrakan fur coat worht 3000 for 69 minus fees

I tried to sell two 100 year old copper on oak crucifixes and got no bid at 19 euro for the two

So to scrap recycling they go

I have several dozen other stuff which I do not even have the courage to make a pic and offer :ninja:

I learned one thing ; put the minimum price you like

If it does not sell take advantage of the reduced cost of offering a second time at a lower price

If it did not sell then just junk it ;)

If you know what you want for the coins, list them here and perhaps someone will buy them. If not you can always sell on eBay or to a dealer. I have sold lots of duplicate coins here and I have developed several wonderful relationships, both selling and buying. You can look at the feedback thread in the buying forum to see if the person has done previous deals. Lots of times I buy stuff I wasn't even looking for, just because I liked it (I think they call this a compulsive disorder or something!) and other times I sell to folks and get to know what they like and go out of my way to find stuff for them, and others do the same for me. If no one buys them, then you can always pursue eBay, and there are no fast rules there, sometimes 99 cents works other times it doesn't. If you are selling something common, like Morgan dollars or other common US coins, 99 cents works fine since there is a large market for it. If you are selling something more esoteric, like ancient hammered coins, where the market is much thinner, list it for what you want to sell it for at a minimum. In any case, good luck with your sales!

Archived