1962 x 6

1963 x 2

1964 x 14

1965 BU

1967 Centennials x 3

FRANCE

2 Eurocents 2001

USA

1975 Cent counterstamped with a map of the USA and the Liberty Bell, probably from the Bicentennial

Wheats

1942 x 3

1942-D x 2

1944 x 2

1948-D x 2

1950-D x 2

1951-D x 3

1952-D

1953-S

1953-D

1954-D

1956-D

1957-D x 2

1958-D

29 Total wheats. The 1915 is in barely identifiable condition.

Congrats! That's a lot of searching. Any specific number goal in mind for this year?

I've found one of those counterstamped cents as well. Should have a photo somewhere....

DSC04246.jpg

Also have found a Kennedy and four leaf clover cents as well. No idea where they disappeared to though (at least they are in 2x2's!).

The one I have is the same, there is a spot on the back where it looks like it was superglued to something, probably a novelty ring. I think I heard somewhere that someone made these and put them on cheap rings and they were sold in 25¢ machines.

But there is a silver lining, well at least a bronze lining, more than 40% of the total ended up in the 5 gallon jug. Now it is at the point where I am concerned about it bursting from the weight, and the other problem is - How to get them out or even move them since it must weigh well over 100lbs now.

You could always divide them? Maybe use an old milk jug with the lid cut off or something? and put coins from each decade in their own milk jug. It would be a lot of work, but if you have any kids, its sure to occupy them! And who knows?? You might come across something nice you missed earlier.

You could always divide them? Maybe use an old milk jug with the lid cut off or something? and put coins from each decade in their own milk jug. It would be a lot of work, but if you have any kids, its sure to occupy them! And who knows?? You might come across something nice you missed earlier.

Oh yeah, my kids are otherwise busy going through 5000 wheats and re-wrapping them.

And here I am, in Canada, finding a 1940 Wheatie in my closet the other day :ninja:

Just as all Canadians are closet Americans, all canadian cents are closet lincolns.

Sounds like you do as I do and go for the $50 bags of cents rather than playing around with rolls. That means you get them prior to them being put into another machine for rolling. I've been doing that for many years. Try it with nickels and you could just about fill a Whitman album the first time.

As usual I suggest if your going to go through all those cents, get the book Looking Through Lincolns for all the error cents.

Archived