CoinPeople.com

Nigeria

Dave

very nice :ninja: I have a few naira I picked up while in Abuja Nigeria on business...they are in real poor condition as were most of the bill I got in circulation there, yours is in great condition (and of an older issue than mine)

Impressive man, I have noticed as I research who is on the money of many nations, it is often someone that opposed colonialism (in Asia, Africa, and South America...and even america ;) ) That seemed to be a sure fire way of getting your mug on a bill or coin.

Thanks for posting this, I had never heard of Herbert Macaulay....I learned soemthing new tonight

Guest Aidan Work

Dave,Nigerian banknotes are very difficult to find in any order,unless you have a contact that visits there on a regular basis.

Herbert Macauley's portrait is also on the reverse of the 1 Naira coins of 1991 & 1993.

Aidan.

Dave,Nigerian banknotes are very difficult to find in any order,unless you have a contact that visits there on a regular basis.

To be honest Nigerian note, at least modern Nigerian bank notes of the kind I have, are very easy to find and very cheap...I could easily replace every note I brought out of that country with one that is unc condition...I just dont collect notes in any serious manner.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...p;satitle=naira

f0e8_1.JPG

^^these are the notes I have, ones like them are for sale at 99 cents...I also have a 500 Naira bill.

the bill posted by Dave is selling on ebay right now for 35.00 USD in one listing and 1.99 USD in anoher...both unc...dont know why one is selling for so much.

Archived