CoinPeople.com

Coin shops in Paris??

sbvenman

Hey everyone,

I'll be studying in Paris for a few months this summer and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good coin shops in Paris or a good site to look for one. All the sites I've been able to find online are extinct or are in reference to numismatic publications.

Thanks,

Scott

Admins, if this isn't a good forum for this post, feel free to move it. I wasn't really sure where to put it...

I'll be studying in Paris for a few months this summer and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good coin shops in Paris or a good site to look for one. All the sites I've been able to find online are extinct or are in reference to numismatic publications.

The French mint (see below) has an interesting museum and also a store; apart from that I cannot help you with first hand experience. (Have been to Paris many times, but usually for a very short time only.) Try these sites to find some more info:

http://www.cgb.fr/contacts/indexgb.html

CGB is a major dealer, and apparently they also have a "walk-in" store in downtown Paris.

http://www.monnaiedeparis.fr/michelin/viam.htm

Here the French mint has a directory of dealers that sell its products:

Ville, lieu-dit... -> Enter "Paris"

Pays -> Select "France" from the menu.

Also check the box next to "Monnaies de collection" below.

Then click on "Recherche". You will get a list of matching results. Pick "1 F Ville-de-Paris" for central Paris, or one of the "Porte de ..." entries* to include suburbs. Then click "Recherche" to view a map with the dealers marked.

(* Those portes are not actually gates in a city wall any more :ninja: but still helpful for orientation. You will often see them signposted, and métro/subway stations are named after them.)

Christian

As I understand it

One of the gold streets of Paris is rue Vivienne and I use

Sté ANTIC WORLD COLLECTIONS

38 rue Vivienne 75002 PARIS

Tél : 01 40 13 93 69

There seem to be several more in that street when I looked it up in the thelephone book

I bought from this shop several times on ebay when it started and was not fully thrusted yet

I got several supper bargains then .

I still get some good deals now and then :ninja:

If you go up and see CGB Prieur there are numerous dealers around the area, but not with quite as good of stuff as CGB. Probably best to go in the afternoon, not during lunch time as Parisians take a long lunch and Michel Prieur is no exception. One thing I will say is that I am glad my wife did not kill me after I came back to the hotel with all my goodies(charged of course!)

Hello,

You can go to Rue Vivienne (In the second arrondissement) between The Grands Boulevards and the former Stock Exchange of Palais Brongniart. There are also a lot of shops in the streets perpendicular or which are going along Rue Vivienne. ;)

acces.jpg

I warn you : if will go to CGB, you would better search particular coins. If you have not any idea, they will tell you kindly you must will see the website. :ninja:

If you go up and see CGB Prieur there are numerous dealers around the area, but not with quite as good of stuff as CGB. Probably best to go in the afternoon, not during lunch time as Parisians take a long lunch and Michel Prieur is no exception. One thing I will say is that I am glad my wife did not kill me after I came back to the hotel with all my goodies(charged of course!)

Hey come on that is pure slander ;)

I have worked several years for short spells in the north of France ( Pas de Calais ) up to the river Seine and also in Paris as a quality and environmental auditor

A standard lunch in Paris and the North of Paris is like 12 to 3 pm

The real long lunches are taken in the South of France :ninja:

Hey come on that is pure slander ;)

I have worked several years for short spells in the north of France ( Pas de Calais ) up to the river Seine and also in Paris as a quality and environmental auditor

A standard lunch in Paris and the North of Paris is like 12 to 3 pm

The real long lunches are taken in the South of France :ninja:

The French eat lunch like I believe all should, a nice long relaxing social lunch with friends. Only problem is I was born in a country where 1/2 hour is the norm, which maybe is reason so many Americans so wide.

I can't wait to slow down and take long lunches....Thanks for all the great info. Looks like I'll be checking out Rue Vivienne.

I can't wait to slow down and take long lunches....Thanks for all the great info. Looks like I'll be checking out Rue Vivienne.

Long lunches are great, in sidewalk cafes you can watch the feminine wonders of Paris traverse through the traffic. Well at least when you are single, otherwise you might get a knock upside the head from "The Boss"

Archived