CoinPeople.com

Banknote Sets

Brett

I was wondering which countries issue same serial number banknote sets???

The US puts out a set with the 12 Federal Reserve Branches and the same serial number

New Zealand puts out a complete set of their banknotes with the same serial numbers.

What other countries issue sets?????

I was wondering which countries issue same serial number banknote sets???

The US puts out a set with the 12 Federal Reserve Branches and the same serial number

New Zealand puts out a complete set of their banknotes with the same serial numbers.

What other countries issue sets?????

Singapore provide them through Mavin Auction. They focus on fancy numbers such as low serial number from 1 to 10 and solid numbers such as 555555. If anyone want to collect a full complete set of banknotes with same serial numbers, they have to watch out for the wanted serial number, bid and win them. They may appear in many of the Mavin auction over a period. Mavin auction are held every quarterly. If you located overseas, you can bid through ebay. They are listed.

:ninja:

I have 4 USA BEP sets 2003 $2 Star notes with serial number 918, 928, 938 and 933. all of them with 12 Districts.

:ninja:

Wow. Well, I know this is a question some people don't like to answer but how much did each go for?

Pam West usually has sets of Scottish notes with the same serials and very occasionally the BoE Bank of England too.

But Pam West does not have British solid number banknotes that I wanted for my collection. :ninja:

Wow. Well, I know this is a question some people don't like to answer but how much did each go for?

I did sold some away in ebay earlier which in fact, I broke the set and selling them in pairs. As for your popular question on the cost price, there is still no differences from others when answering this popular question. The popular answer is no comment. I believe you know why. Thanks for asking. :ninja:

You can search ebay for them. Just go to US paper money and type in the search bar Federal Reserve Sets. The twelve bills are professionally bound and presented in a 24-page book, accompanied by the Certificate of Authenticity. Each of the 12 notes is displayed on an individual page and housed in a protective acid-free polymer sleeve

here's a tercentenary set from the Bank of England with the special prefix BE98, (Bank of England, 1998). i'm not really sure if calling it a 'tercentenary set' is accurate, since the bank was first chartered in 1694...making the actual tercentenary year 1994. after further searching, i found out about the act of 1998 and a new 'charter of 1998' granted by QEII. so maybe it should be called a chartering commemorative? to further complicate things, only 1,888 sets were issued. and i have yet to figure out what the significance of 1888 is.

be985vi-vi.jpg

be9810vi-vi.jpg

be9820vi-vi.jpg

the good news is that the BoE doesn't heavily promote their banknotes like the U.S. treasury does with our money. so...most collectors/the public are unaware of this note, along with the millenium notes (YR20 00 prefix), the queen mother's 100th birthday note (QM10 0 prefix), and the hong kong handover note (HK97). that translates to very low demand and very low prices for a very small amount of notes! :ninja:

Archived