CoinPeople.com

Educational ebay listing

grivna1726

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150103191114

"...it comes in a 25 cent plastic holder and the label says MS71 so it must be true."

the graders at LCGS (Larry's Coin Grading Service) think this one is so good they've graded it a 71! ;), but I sent it to the graders at JCGS (John's Coin Grading Service) and they think this one is MS72 :ninja:

the graders at LCGS (Larry's Coin Grading Service) think this one is so good they've graded it a 71! ;), but I sent it to the graders at JCGS (John's Coin Grading Service) and they think this one is MS72 :ninja:

I knew it was undergraded! ;)

That's why I appreciate this action very much. Seperating the good from the bad is always in the collector's advantage. Too many new collectors buy only certified coins, just for the reason that they are beginners and want to know what grade a coin is that they buy. Buying certified coins is a great way to get familiar with the scale of conditions. Experienced collectors don't buy just the plastic. Beginners are easy to mislead and take advantage of.

Regards

Jos

Hi everybody,

I am a beginner and I do buy slabs, but only from three companies ( NGC, PCGS, and sometimes ANACS). For me it is a way of learning. But I can't tell you how much I have learned from all of you, and how grateful I am to all your contributions to this forum.

Maya

I have some slabs and a color laser copier / printer so I have started a new grading service...DGS (dru's grading service). You tell me what grade you want on it and I will slab that sucker.

BTW, most slabbing is a waste anyway...ol larry has the right idea...I think everyone who collects should start a grading company and make up their own stupid number system to gade with...

Mine will be:

PG - pretty good

RG - real good

G - great

RG - real great

W60-75.9 - different grades of wow...

with a grade of W75.9 you can really bilk a buyer for some extra cash :ninja:

I love the responses to the question, this guy is great :ninja:

Well, I didn't understand the answer I got though:

Q: This is a great action! Regards from Belgium. Mar-22-07

A: Thank you. I do have almost 1000 views on this now...

To my knowledge that counter says 612...

Strange guy, but great effort ;)

So far I have counted 22 grading companies for which I have seen nothing under MS 67, and that is only for Morgans and Peace dollars. I actually bought one just to see what it was like. I studied the pictures very carefully to pick the best one I could find. The coin I received was not bad but it was not the coin in the picture. The seller had the good grace to offer a refund.

I think what Larry is doing is admirable; I don't know how many people he will reach who will understand what he is trying to do, but you have to respect him for trying.

M.

Archived