tommyd

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1516 coming in the mail -- you guys are wrecking me financially!! lol :swoon:

OH GOOD! So I can kill my snipe for a 1516 coin from Hungary.

• 2 weeks later...

1514 Poland Lithuania half grosz Sisimund I

1010145.jpg

1513 Poland Lithuania half grosz Sisimund I

1010144.jpg

1512 Poland Lithuania half grosz Sisimund I

1010143.jpg

On price I contacted a seller that had several coins from the time and arranged a discount for buying 10 coins. got them for an average of 10 to 15 each

1010145.jpg

1010144.jpg

1010143.jpg

On price I contacted a seller that had several coins from the time and arranged a discount for buying 10 coins. got them for an average of 10 to 15 each

That's seems like a very good deal from what I've been seeing for them. :bthumbsup:

1010145.jpg

1010144.jpg

1010143.jpg

By the way - with the second coin, we've now accounted for the last 500 years of coins. FIVE HUNDRED YEARS. The signers of the Declaration would find some of these coins very very old!

And just like that we are on 1511

It's interesting sometimes (speaking of people we think of as old finding something else old) to read the sorts of things university presidents and regents will sometimes send to their faculty--to remind them just how old the faculty is or how young the student is.

Freshmen going into college today probably have no meaningful memory of the Clinton administration, just for instance, and certainly won't recall the Lewinsky mess.

Quite some time ago I read something that pointed out that the first airplane was closer to the Jefferson administration than it was to what was then the present and of course that's even more true today.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're back to where I'm scrabbling for my green crayons for indicating my envy. :)

It's funny last week we were in Scotland and the age of buildings etc amazing. (This week we are in Stolkhom)

I don't have a 1511 but I have 1510 and 1509.

I'm sure you're having a fab time -- my ex-wife was of Swedish descent and I had always wanted to visit her family roots...not now, though - lol. Thanks for the help in finally bringing this thread to its possibly startling end... :shock: