tommyd

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This period is sandwiched in the ranges of my collection. Russian Imperial and US takes us from 1700 to present; my ancients end in the 7th century (and no AD date in any case). I have some wire money from about this time, but no dates on it either. (And if they were, they'd be both a different numbering and date system! Cyrillic dates and in Byzantine "Year of the World" dates.)

• 1 month later...

Still no 1525 -- time to call my friend in Hungary I guess... :crazy:

If there were a Jefferson Nickel or Roosevelt dime to cover 1525, I'd give it a shot. Seriously I do imagine that as we move into this area it will be more and more difficult to find members with coins.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only got 4 coins in the 1520s so far, 3 are dates we have and the next I have is 1521. I did just pick up a 1591 today as I slowly work to complete my date set for the century. We are into the harder stuff now, it gets worse after 1500. There are some early dated coins in CNG 90 closing in May...Mostly in the 1400s.

I have a 1525 but ony the 25 appears on the coin

Post it! We've already had such coins in this thread. As long as the date can identify the coin as being from that specific year, that's all that matters. As far as I know there is no specific coin type that was used for over 100 years where they only show the last two digits of the date where it would be possible to not also know for sure the century of the coin. There is always some way to know, whether it's by the ruler's name, portrait, style, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...