Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing spectacular ...

896683.jpg

898249.jpg

905747.jpg

906094.jpg

906092.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, fellow Mexico coin lovers. My name is Roman and I have 10 Mexican coins that I would like to post, with your permission. I am a collector of mainly War of Independence and Colonial time periods of Mexican history, but have some early Republican Cap'N'Rays...

Can I post :D ?

P.S. This forum has some neat smilies! ;):ninja:;););)

~Roman

Thanks, guys. Gxseries - I like your icon. That proof Soviet 150 Roubles has to be platinum or palladium, since at that time silver commems were in the 1-5 Rouble face value.

Here are some of my Mexicans. I wouldn't go into early colonial stuff (cobs, pillars, portraits), but start with my favorite area - War of Independence:

This is a double-counterstamped issue, using the same punch as KM#289, except with a 1 Reale host, instead of 2 Reales listed in Krause:

scm-cms.jpg

My first coin from Durango Mint was this 181(2) 8 Reales.

Durango-1812-8R.jpg

Which piqued my interest in the early years of this mint and led to my next acquisition - 1815 Durango 8 Reales. Specific Gravity is a little high on this coin, making me believe that another, heavier metal, was mixed with silver to create the alloy, which happened often during the War times:

Mexico-Durango-18156.jpg

This next piece is another double-counterstamped issue with Morelos and Chilpaz stamps. The host coin is a cast 1809 8 Reales.

Mexico-1809-morelos.jpg

My all-time favorite is this Gadalajara 8 Reales from 1814. It's so crude - it's beautiful :D

Mexico-Guadalajara-1814.jpg

Out of Republican coinage - I'll just post a couple of Cap'N'Rays:

1826 Zacatecas Mint:

Mexico-1826-ZS-8R.jpg

1843 Mexico City Mint:

Mexico-1843-MM-8R.jpg

1849 San Lois Potosi Mint:

Mexico-1849-Pi-MC-8R.jpg

Questions? Comments? Bring 'em on! :wub:

:ninja:;);););):D:D:D

~Roman