CoinPeople.com

Pretty Girls on Banknotes ~ Bulgaria

Scottishmoney

905560A.jpg

905560B.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and besides maybe she has a beautiful soul. :ninja:

The ladies portrayed were always smiling and enjoying themselves while working in the farm.

Is there a special message that the country wanted to put across to the people. ;)

How about these ladies?

(There's a couple nekkid ones!)

2rfqxxl.jpg

2re17oh.jpg

29vfdyb.jpg

2hfkk7q.jpg

These are beautiful native ladies. They are so natural in their own environment. It remind me of the Balinese ladies who are naked from their waist up. You can still see them bathing in the rivers near their homes. :ninja:

Someone lusted her enough to want to commit her to banknotes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and at least the women I saw in Belgium were gorgeous and nothing like the subject of the banknote.

That someone was our First king, Leopold I, so when you think of it that way: 'Not bad as a first Queen for a country!'

leopold1belgium2.jpg

That someone was our First king, Leopold I, so when you think of it that way: 'Not bad as a first Queen for a country!'

Well, in that picture (photo?), or in the image below, she looks better IMO than on those notes. Could be the mouth or the eyes, but I don't really like the portrait on the paper money a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Franz_X...d%27Orléans.jpg

Christian

very unflattering note. her picture and portrait is great...but the banknote designer had fun with her nose, eyes, and eyebrows. :ninja:

I agree that her portrait looked so much better and fresher. She look tired especially her eyes as portraited in the banknotes.

;)

I know, but it's still the best we have, so let us in our dream.

bubblebusters! ;)

heheh...sorry. :ninja:

there's no question she was beautiful in person. but the artist who transferred her image onto the banknote should be kicked in the head for not capturing that beauty in her portrait. is she the only female on belgian banknotes?

heheh...i have to apologize again. before i knew any better, i used to think rene magritte was a woman. i had a few "renee" female friends, and the magritte signature looked pretty feminine to me. as for the tie...i thought maybe rene was just a butch lesbian. ;)

belgium500-vi.jpg

Archived