CoinPeople.com

Question about 1860-BM, 2 kopeiki...

bobh

Brekke lists this as "very rare */", however the other references I have (Rylov-Sobolin and Uzdenikov) seem to indicate that Brekke 136 is the rarer of the two (and that is not listed nearly as rare as Brekke says it is; e.g. Bitkin lists no 1860-BM with an R at all).

However, in Bitkin for No. 468, there are a couple of auction PR's which indicate that relatively high prices are paid for this -- but not nearly as much as one would expect for a "*/" coin. So is this an error on the part of Brekke? What do the other references say?

Thanks in advance! :ninja:

Brekke lists this as "very rare */", however the other references I have (Rylov-Sobolin and Uzdenikov) seem to indicate that Brekke 136 is the rarer of the two (and that is not listed nearly as rare as Brekke says it is; e.g. Bitkin lists no 1860-BM with an R at all).

However, in Bitkin for No. 468, there are a couple of auction PR's which indicate that relatively high prices are paid for this -- but not nearly as much as one would expect for a "*/" coin. So is this an error on the part of Brekke? What do the other references say?

Thanks in advance! :ninja:

it is not a rare coin, it was sold on eBay just 10 minutes ago ;) neither of variants is rare, IMHO

...it was sold on eBay just 10 minutes ago ;)

Yes, I know ... ;) And congratulations on winning the 1790-KM pyatak. That is a very nice coin! :ninja:

Archived