CoinPeople.com

Faulty 2€-Coins

El Buitre

Yes, it is an interesting mistake. I have not come across one and doubt that I will, but you never know. :ninja:

On the forums of the Finn auction site, someone found one and posted about it in late February asking whether it was real. Many at first doubted its authenticity, until the finder posted a picture. Eventually it became news in the papers here and now the Mint of Finland has finally publicized the info themselves. Here is a link to the picture that the original finder posted.

http://riemun.huuto.net/auctionimages/b/c0...2f45fd-orig.jpg

(The picture is set up this way on purpose as one of the members on the boards suggested that the picture be taken this way to examine the alignment and such of the coin.)

If desired, the coin can be exchanged to its nominal value at the customer pay desk of the Bank of Finland, address Rauhankatu 19, 00170 Helsinki. The office is open weekdays from 10 am to 12 am and 1 pm to 3 pm.

:ninja:

• 1 year later...
Sisu quick!!! Search your change and you might be lucky!!!!!!!!! ;)

After about a year and a half I finally got lucky. I found one from circulation!! :ninja: It's toned and well circulated, but overall in decent condition. Patience has finally paid off. But of course I'll keep looking through my change. ;)

And the price of this coin has dropped considerably from the early days after it was first publicized. A circulated example sells for about 50 euros these days.

• 1 year later...

Archived