CoinPeople.com

1801 KM Denga

squirrel

Listed as Brekke #39.

But Brekke 39 is a Novodel, */*

This coin doesnt look very Novodelish to me. In fact it looks like the date and mintmark have been soldered on. Unbelievable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Also, all the other KM mintmarks for this period which are illustrated in Brekke have only one dot (between the K and the M). I would stay away. :ninja:

Looks like a modified AM coin to a KM coin although I am not too sure.

It looks like the whole thing is reingraved/altered. The date and mintmark. I bought coins from him in the past. I think I returned 4 coppers because they were re-engraved. I also think that he knows exactly what he is selling... (IMXO)

It looks like the whole thing is reingraved/altered. The date and mintmark. I bought coins from him in the past. I think I returned 4 coppers because they were re-engraved. I also think that he knows exactly what he is selling... (IMXO)

Here I fully agree with BKB. This seller sells such "modified" coins to fool people quite frequently :ninja: I tried to write him, but dishonest people have no scruple.

As to this coin - both, the date and the mintmark are re-engraved. The simplest way how to see the original KM mintmark on the small Paul's coins - the dot between KM should be in the middle of the letters, the dot in EM is at the bottom.

Archived