CoinPeople.com

Another question about a small Napoleon's medal

I don't know which could be the date of this medal (mm. 24). The obverse seems to be that of the medals for the transfer of the body of Napoleon in 1840, but the reverse is different. Could it be a modern mule or a variant of those 1840 medals?

Thank you.

NapDieuprotegelaFrance.jpg

It would appear to be another variant of Bramsen 1996. The obverse is the same or at least engraved by the same hand while the reverse has the same feel to it as well. That said yours is not specifically listed in Bramsen or Mitchiner though I've found several from this period that you could say that about as well. I feel you could confidently date your piece to 1840, 1841 at the latest.

It would appear to be another variant of Bramsen 1996. The obverse is the same or at least engraved by the same hand while the reverse has the same feel to it as well. That said yours is not specifically listed in Bramsen or Mitchiner though I've found several from this period that you could say that about as well. I feel you could confidently date your piece to 1840, 1841 at the latest.

Thank you, Vern

Archived