CoinPeople.com

Washington after one week in the pocket

UncleBobo

Picture one: Washington $ #1 after spending one week sitting in a box after being received from the bank

Picture two: Washington $ #2 after spending one week sitting in my pocket

485284411l.jpg

http://www.coinpeople.com/Coin-Tarnish-Exp...ent-t13797.html

I was going to do the same thing :ninja: I guess you beat me to it...after carrying one around for some time now...my coin is fairly tarnished and I like the look of it better...but then again I dont like super shiny coins either...

Post yer pics. You are a much better coin photographer then myself and I would love to see how yours are turning out.

I was figuring that people were carrying these around and hoping that others would put up some pics.

Your pics are real good...I will post mine here on friday, I gave my camera to a friend who is on a trip and will get it back then...I would have posted already if not for that...I think I am going on 2 weeks of pocket time and I have used it to flip several times :ninja:

And people said these wouldn't tarnish very quickly, HA! They look better tarnished *ducks*.

I have a few Washingtons in various "places".

1. Wrapped in a Taco Bell napkin.

2. In a glass of aquarium water, tons of algae, snails, fertilizers, and under a 96w PC bulb.

3. In a box that formerly toned a Canadian PL set.

4. In my pocket.

5. Soon to do a heating/cooling cycle in a stove.

6. Inside of my fish tank canopy (high humidity/heat).

We'll see how they go. :ninja:

The design is so shallow that there's little contrast on the new pieces and so they photograph as very flat and bland looking. A little tarnish starts to give them some visual depth. I agree that they look better with a little wear.

And people said these wouldn't tarnish very quickly, HA! They look better tarnished *ducks*.

I have a few Washingtons in various "places".

1. Wrapped in a Taco Bell napkin.

2. In a glass of aquarium water, tons of algae, snails, fertilizers, and under a 96w PC bulb.

3. In a box that formerly toned a Canadian PL set.

4. In my pocket.

5. Soon to do a heating/cooling cycle in a stove.

6. Inside of my fish tank canopy (high humidity/heat).

We'll see how they go. ;)

Lemme know how #1 progresses ... :ninja:

Which brings up this 'wear experiment' -- (funny you should mention Sacs)...

3z8vszn.jpg

2rxjfax.jpg

The baby is starting to resemble a zombie (and Sac ain't so pretty either) -- the eagle is approaching VF with regard to 'smooth' feathers and the color is just about ready to be any other copper-nickel alloy...and my thumb isn't feeling so great from all the rubbing, either...

That SAC sure looks beat. I just added a Washington to my pocket change. I used to have a SAC that I carried around the experimental purposes but I spent it somewhere along the line.

I got a really worn Sac in a roll a couple weeks back. Must be yours. (Can't imagine there's two used Sacs out there, haha...) Oh wait, maybe it took a trip to Ecuador. I heard they love 'em down there... even counterfeit them in Colombia!

I've taken to rubbing a Washington in honor of this thread - and to keep myself from picking my fingers. Working okay so far.

Okay, This is my washie after about 2 weeks in the pocket. Not just in the pocket but I flip it, hold it alot when I am not using my hands otherwise...On the whole I would say that the effect is the same as being in regular circulation...no extra ordinary wear. It has toned real nice. Now that it isnt reflecting every bit of light in all directions it also phographs much better. I just like circulated coins more on the whole. Its not a bad looking coin...

washtone.jpg

Archived