CoinPeople.com

My recent banknote purchases

Johnny 1989

Hi, I though I would share with you some of my recent purchases on here that I have got, I recieved some banknotes today but have quite a few to follow, here are the first batch:

UK

SeriesE-20MkI.png

Series E £20 MkI, this is the one with the crown in the corner & the different "£20" symbol on the back, it's also a very early one serial number wise & signed by Gim Gill

Brazil

Brazil-1Cruzeiro.png

Brazil-2CruzeiroA.png

Brazil-2CruzeiroB.png

Brazil-5Cruzeiro.png

Liked these quad of notes, they are in the style of the 20th century US banknotes, the first two are made by the "American Bank Note Company" and the last two are made by "Thomas De La Rue & Company, Limited, London", hence why I got two of the 2 Cruzeiros notes

More to be uploaded once I recieved them in the post :ninja:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one turned up today unfortunately, although I do like this note, especially the vibrant colours.

Bank of Ireland 2003 £5 Note

5BankOfIreland2003.png

Shame in England / Wales only the Bank Of England produce banknotes, would be interesting to see some variations here, Scotland & Ulster (Northern Ireland to those of you who don't it's regional name) seem to have much better notes.

Regarding the Brazil notes, thanks for the comments, I nearly didn't get both of the 2 Cruzeiros notes but I'm glad I did now :ninja:

The rest to follow as & when I get them

I thought Ireland was on the euro?

No, wrong Ireland I'm afraid. ;)

Republic of Ireland (as in Eire) has the Euro, Northern Ireland (as in Ulster) still has the pound and produce their own banknotes, however I think they accept both on the Eire / Ulster border, it's just too confusing to be honest :ninja:

Only one turned up today unfortunately, although I do like this note, especially the vibrant colours.

Bank of Ireland 2003 £5 Note

5BankOfIreland2003.png

Shame in England / Wales only the Bank Of England produce banknotes, would be interesting to see some variations here, Scotland & Ulster (Northern Ireland to those of you who don't it's regional name) seem to have much better notes.

Regarding the Brazil notes, thanks for the comments, I nearly didn't get both of the 2 Cruzeiros notes but I'm glad I did now ;)

The rest to follow as & when I get them

Very beautifull note. :ninja: all the best to your upcoming notes. ;)

No, wrong Ireland I'm afraid. ;)

Republic of Ireland (as in Eire) has the Euro, Northern Ireland (as in Ulster) still has the pound and produce their own banknotes, however I think they accept both on the Eire / Ulster border, it's just too confusing to be honest :ninja:

Northern Ireland still produces banknotes from four different banks, Ulster Bank, Bank of Ireland, First Trust, and Northern Bank. Scotland has banknotes from Clydesdale Bank(owned by an Australian Bank), Bank of Scotland, and Royal Bank of Scotland. In N. Ireland they still use pounds, but because a lot of shoppers come over from the Republic, they often will accept Euros, as most London retailers will also. It is just good business, and with exchange rates between the £ and the € not floating much it doesn't hit them.

You can see numerous examples of current and past banknotes from Scotland in my Banknotebank.com collection under my avatar, I have to re-collect my Northern Ireland notes, but I am waiting to go there(hopefully later this year ;) ) to get them.

First off some fantastic Scottish Banknotes there, especially the short lived Royal Bank Of Scotland notes before & after the merger :ninja:

Secondly another update here, this time six notes:

US1Washington.png

US $1 2003 issue. Got one of these as the two I have were circulated

Antarctica11999.png

Antarctica 1999 $1. Fantastic banknote & interesting issue.

HongKong1cent.png

Hong Kong 1c Banknote. Can't believe how tiny these are, got two of them

Surinam5Gulden.png

Surinam 5 Gulden. Beautiful banknote with vivid colours

SriLanka10Rupees.png

Sri Lank 10 Rupees. Another colourful note

Iraq100Dinars.png

Iraq 100 Dinars 1994. Not sure what was going through my mind when I got this one but I though it would be interesting to have anyway

]

US1Washington.png

US $1 2003 issue. Got one of these as the two I have were circulated

I gotta get me one of those! Oh wait... here is one in my wallet. Oh and one in my pocket. And one in....

It actually looks like there is a watermark on the note.

I gotta get me one of those! Oh wait... here is one in my wallet. Oh and one in my pocket. And one in....

It actually looks like there is a watermark on the note.

I thought they were quite rare myself :ninja:

No to be honest I'm just trying to get an example of each US banknote from $1 to either $20 or $50 dollars, which may seem high to some but in the UK the current exchange rate stands at :

50.00 USD = 25.5227 GBP

1 USD = 0.510455 GBP 1 GBP = 1.95904 USD

So I probably could afford to get an uncirculated $50 depending on shipping charges to the UK of course

While you're at it, I strongly suggest getting one with each seal from the 12 different Federal Reserve Banks. They don't press the notes per se (Washington and Fort Worth, TX do that I think) but they are recognized as varieties to some.

From the early half of the last century, some Federal Reserve Bank notes command a few hundred dollars more from collectors than the same design from a different bank.

Get em' while they're hot off the press and only half a pound each!

Just the one today

1Scotland1988-Clydesdalebank.png

Clydesdale Bank 1988 £1. This was the final run of this note & this particular one has a high serial number.

I do like the Clydesdale Bank banknotes, especially the reverses

EDIT: For those of you wondering who that is on the note it's Robert The Bruce

Thanks, is there a website where you can host your own banknote images at all? I'm sure I saw a gallery link on here before but not sure what it was called?

I keep mine on Fotki.

They have free accounts. San Miguel uses the same site for his banknote collection. He has a great collection and display. Check it out.

thanks art! :ninja:

johnny - i like fotki's simple folder/gallery setup, along with the ability to show the loaded pictures on different websites. no frills, to the point, and easy to use.

there's also http://www.flickr.com/

a little more frill, and a lot more community action going on.

just to keep your options open. banknote bank is great...but it's been hiccuping lately, and the images it lets you show on different websites aren't as large or clear as fotki/flickr.

thanks art! :ninja:

johnny - i like fotki's simple folder/gallery setup, along with the ability to show the loaded pictures on different websites. no frills, to the point, and easy to use.

there's also http://www.flickr.com/

a little more frill, and a lot more community action going on.

just to keep your options open. banknote bank is great...but it's been hiccuping lately, and the images it lets you show on different websites aren't as large or clear as fotki/flickr.

Thanks for the tip, I'll use one of those two then ;)

After a bit of experimenting this afternoon/evening I decided to use banknote bank. I already have a flickr account and unfortunately with the free account your limited to 200 pictures and only three folders. I tried fotki but when I uploaded the images it had something about buying prints????

So then I went on Banknote bank and although not perfect (you have to renew images every 6 months, they give you the option if you so wish & also you have to put in a year regardless of whether you know one or not) I found easier to work with for what I wanted it to do.

Thanks though to all that pointed me towards those sites below is the link to my banknote album, so far only UK, Isle Of Man, Jersey, Northern Ireland and one of my Scottish notes so far but I'll add more tomorrow

http://www.banknotebank.com/?collection=Johnny1989

Archived