CoinPeople.com

Hi I am new here

dbang1988

Dear all Russian coin collectors,

I just start collecting Russian coins, I have got some 10, 15, 20 kopec from Nicolas II in UNC or XF condition, and some circulated Soviet's coins. I am not sure which era should I focus on? Where is the best place to buy Russian coins? Is ther any reference book in Russian coin? I have been collecting Vietnamese coins and US for a year, now I want to change to a new area. Looking forward to your advices.

Sincerely yours,

Bang

You are definately in a bad time of collecting Russian coins unfortunately. Prices of Russian coins have shot up significantly these few years, especially in the last 5 years, so if you think some coins are VERY expensive - I can agree with you.

Nicholai II coins are not a bad place to start from if you are interested into Tsarist Era. I recommand you to start a type set with the copper and silver coins (ignore the gold coins - now that's going to cost several arms and legs. I wish I am an octopus)

If you are into Tsarist era coins, I strongly recommand you to pick up a copy of Uzdenikov's Russian coins 1700-1917. It doesn't matter what edition it is but the second should do the job. It should be around on ebay for 40 odd dollars ish so wait for a while.

You might want to try Alexsandor Basok for some fanciful Tsarist coins, such as http://www.rustypennies.com A nice dealer really. Alternatively you might want to check out Greg's site at http://www.chervonets.com

Welcome to coinpeople by the way. :ninja:

Hi thanks for all of you,

The advice is great and I would try to catch up waht I need to learn in collecting Russian coin. I think I may focus on the Tsarit era, since I want to learn more about the Russian history. And actually how the tsar speel? I see some write czar, some write tzar, so I am confused.

Furthremore, as you guys are collecting Russian coin, do any of you have interest in Russian national anthem. I like the "God save the Tsar." The melody is just beautiful. ;)

BAng :ninja:

Dear all Russian coin collectors,

I just start collecting Russian coins, I have got some 10, 15, 20 kopec from Nicolas II in UNC or XF condition, and some circulated Soviet's coins. I am not sure which era should I focus on? Where is the best place to buy Russian coins? Is ther any reference book in Russian coin? Sincerely yours,

Bang

For Nicolas II you can use Kazakov and for Soviet coins Fedorin(you can find on ebay).

Good luck with Your collection .

Archived