CoinPeople.com

Russian Rouble

Marco

People even pay crazy prices on damaged coins even for this!
Probably some body try to find rare ruble of Catherine in the lot of silver Russian coins. A lot of people dreaming about treasure on internet. :ninja:

Do you think that NGC overlooked a fake? If its slabbed in the box the chances of a fake a low in my opinion.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. There are a lot of slabbed fakes appearing on the major auctions (I will not name them, but most people know what I'm talking about). These particular coin seems to be ok, but I would advice you NOT to trust NGC for authenticity of Russian Imperial coins.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. There are a lot of slabbed fakes appearing on the major auctions (I will not name them, but most people know what I'm talking about). These particular coin seems to be ok, but I would advice you NOT to trust NGC for authenticity of Russian Imperial coins.

Exactly. NGC/PCGS has little or , sometimes, no experience in grading Russian coins of XVIII century. So, you can expect "surprises" :ninja:

Fools names and fools faces are often seen in public places, and fools often bid on garbage like the above while at it. :ninja:

I take it you are making reference to the coin linked in the first message, not the one in the slab linked further down the page.

Archived