Washie. vs. the Sac. vs. SBA

thedeadpoint

Washie. vs. the Sac. vs. SBA  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Washington Dollar
    • Sacagawea Dollar
    • Susan B. Anthony Dollar
  2. 2. Which is the last to be found in your collection/pocket?

• Washington Dollar
    • Sacagawea Dollar
    • Susan B. Anthony Dollar

Poll idea courtesy of UncleBobo.

Which do you prefer guys?

Washington Dollar

gwdollar.jpg

Sacagewea Dollar

897570.jpg

Susan B. Anthony Dollar

sba81St2.jpg

Images courtesy of Drusus, Tiffibunny, and Stujoe respectively.

Toss up between the SBA and Sac. But if I had to choose, it'd be the SBA. Love the reverse, the odd inner rim (whatever design that's called), and the fact it doesn't tarnish 5 minutes after being minted. Deep cameo SBA's make me drool as well.

I still remember after every Cleveland Indians game my dad would put a $5 bill in the machine near the train station and get five SBA. Half the time that was the highlight of the trip!

SBA because I don't like the color of the newer two (haven't seen the washington in person though). And because I grew up with the SBA as a curiousity that came from the post office. It just looks more like a coin than the other two. Their fat ugly rims don't help.

Sac will be the last found in my possession because they are two new for me to care about as a collectible.

Where's the poll option for "They All Suck" :ninja:

Where's the poll option for "They All Suck" :ninja:

Ahaha.... I think I would have been able to answer more easily if the question had been, "Which do you dislike most?" ;-)

I think all the obverses are quite weak. In modern US coinage we rarely if ever see attractive or well done portraits. The reverses are all OK. I picked the SBA because the scene depicted is allegorical and I am a sucker for symbolism. The artistry isn't as good but the meaning is greater. The statue of liberty looks nice but by itself the message is limited and has been used multiple times already. The Sac reverse is OK for a flying eagle but fairly pointless all in al.

washtone.jpg

I have to say that when it come to portrait and reverse...the washington dollar beats them all IMO. I have never liked the odd looking portrait on the SBA and the reverse is just gawd awful...to me it is dead last in this comp.

The Sacagewea Dollar is a HUGE improvement to the SBA but still there is something...odd about the portrait...the reverse is a big improvement but to me its a bit blah.

The new dollar portrait, IMO, is a well done portrait of GW, I think it depicts him pretty dead on...and I think the reverse is quite attractive...so my vote goes to the Washington Dollar being a step in the right direction though I am not found of a few elements on it...its the most attractive IMO...

Archived