CoinPeople.com

n00b looking for tips....

J.O.N.

Hiya,

brand new here, I'm looking around and I'm seeing a very helpful well organized site.

I'm mostly a US currency collector (if you need any help feel free to ask), but I've recently come in to a bunch of old (non-US) coins, tokens (jetons) and a couple of interesting medals. should I post each coin in its own post?/all coins of a type within one post? (as long as I'm in the correct type/era).

TIA for any tips pointers suggestions,

J.O.N.

Hiya,

brand new here, I'm looking around and I'm seeing a very helpful well organized site.

I'm mostly a US currency collector (if you need any help feel free to ask), but I've recently come in to a bunch of old (non-US) coins, tokens (jetons) and a couple of interesting medals. should I post each coin in its own post?/all coins of a type within one post? (as long as I'm in the correct type/era).

TIA for any tips pointers suggestions,

J.O.N.

Hi J.O.N

Welcome to CP. :ninja:

You can post each coin indivdualy or on its own its up to you. What I would say is if you post a picture and a brief description this will help others to determine what you have. Then they should be able to tell you more about the said item.

Regards,

Hus

First, WELCOME! You'll find a wide range of people here. From very young collectors to even dealers.

All of one type in one post would be easier for people to reply to. All the US in the US forum, world in the world forum, cents together, etc. We can just easily number the coins and make a response. It also saves a bit of time on both sides.

WELCOME J.O.N. :ninja:

We also have a currency section here. Feel free to join in anytime !!! We'll look forward to your photos.

If the amount of the coins you are discussing is fairly large you may want to first attempt to separate them by country. Also, try local flea markets, used book stores, coin stores, coin shows for cheap foreign coin books just for identification purposes for a starter. After you have a better idea of what you have you may want to start a list of the ones you suspect as being a little valuable. Don't forget to handle all those coins with something on your hands if possible. If any of those coins and tokens are rare your oils and acids from your fingers could leave a problem on the coins you may be sorry for later. Start by only handling all such coins by the edges if you don't have any special gloves. Get to know what you have and then try to list of post photos of some of them by country or denimation or dates. Also, I would suggest you try to find a place to purchase some 2"x2" flips, which are just a piece of cardboard that bends in half and has a piece of plastic inside. That would be for any coins you find that may be valuable.

Archived