CoinPeople.com

Worst condition banknote(s) in your collection

Johnny 1989

What are the worst conditioned notes in your collection, I usually only collect uncirculated/EF/VF banknotes but when I started my collection back in the late 1990's I was given some banknotes by various people which were in a shoddy condition but are the only examples I have.

Does anyone have banknotes in their collection as bad as these:

Greece - 100 Drachma (I assume)

Front

Greece100DrachmaA.png

Back

Greece100DrachmaB.png

As can be seen this note is well circulated, has a corner missing & if it looks crooked to you then it is, it has tape in several places, mainly where the silver strip is and in the middle left hand side where the corner is missing.

Portugal - 100 Cem Escudos

Front 1st note

Portugal-100CemEscudosA1.png

Back 1st note

Portugal-100CemEscudosA2.png

Just completely filthy, especially the back of the note.

Front 2nd note

Portugal-100CemEscudosB1.png

Back 2nd note

Portugal-100CemEscudosB2.png

This one is not as dirty but is weaker & the note itself is more floppy (for want of a better word)

Anybody got any in a more worse condtition that they want to post on here :ninja:

This rag from Uzbekistan ...

903412A.jpg

903412B.jpg

One of the first banknotes that my grandfather left. The note is in poor condition but still has a strong sentimential value that surpassed the true market value of this note. The note was scanned and brighten up to show details. :ninja:

SS19351Grandfathernote-front-800.jpg

SS19351Grandfathernote-back-800.jpg

That's a hard one for me. I had several to choose from, some with a corner torn and all, but this one is about the worst due to the limpness, edge tearing, etc. It is so fragile, that if it weren't in the holder, I think it would've been gone a while back. Not a rare note, but a true rag.

Rag

This piece of first issued Straits Settlement $5 issued in 1898 is with me for the past 20 years and part of my Straits Settlement Collection. As I am selling away my entire Straits Settlement collection, this will also be the first piece of note to be sold off very soon. A deal have been reached. The new owner will be collecting it very soon. Imagine 20 years ago, I already paid almost US$2000 for it. A very scarce large note even though it is in such torn condition. It will be sold many times the price of what I paid 20 years ago. Sad to depart with it but happy to see the extra money coming in for better use. :ninja:;););)

Image at : http://www.notepassion.com/NP-BN-SSMC-StaticPhotos.html

maryland4dollars1767.jpg

maryland4dollars1767r.jpg

Maybe worser than my Spanish note. This is a Maryland 4 Spanish Milled Dollars note from 1767 torn or split at some point when it still circulated and sewn back together, not an uncommon repair at that time, I have several notes similarly repaired.

note: edited with image from my website, since banknotebank is cr@pped out again :ninja:

This piece of first issued Straits Settlement $5 issued in 1898 is with me for the past 20 years and part of my Straits Settlement Collection. As I am selling away my entire Straits Settlement collection, this will also be the first piece of note to be sold off very soon. A deal have been reached. The new owner will be collecting it very soon. Imagine 20 years ago, I already paid almost US$2000 for it. A very scarce large note even though it is in such torn condition. It will be sold many times the price of what I paid 20 years ago. Sad to depart with it but happy to see the extra money coming in for better use. ;););):D

Image at : http://www.notepassion.com/NP-BN-SSMC-StaticPhotos.html

That collection almost makes me want to collect world notes actively ;) Gorgeous :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! If these notes aren't already posted in teh Ugly Banknote Competition thread, PLEASE PLEASE do so by tomorrow night!

There are some real hideous winners here.

Archived