CoinPeople.com

Hello

Tere! I am just to the north of you. :D Welcome!

Hmmm...I wonder -do you have any specifics on this coin? I know it is a private issue, but do you know who minted it or any other details about it? Thanks! ;)

Hello! ;):D As I remember its manufacturer is J.Mikans. :ninja: Exists in 3 variants. ;) Usual, small and silvered. I heard about a variant in silver with number, but never met! ;)

Best regards,

Valentin.

Hello! ;);) As I remember its manufacturer is J.Mikans. :ninja: Exists in 3 variants. ;) Usual, small and silvered. I heard about a variant in silver with number, but never met! ;)

Best regards,

Valentin.

Thank you!

Were these given away or sold? Do you know if these are common? I bought mine from a small coin shop in the late autumn of 1990. This information is the first that I have ever found/heard about this coin other than it being a "private issue". So thank you again!

Thank you!

Were these given away or sold? Do you know if these are common? I bought mine from a small coin shop in the late autumn of 1990. This information is the first that I have ever found/heard about this coin other than it being a "private issue". So thank you again!

Tere! ;) ;)

Your coin is a usual format. This coin type meets more than others formats. The mintage was big. So this coin, as well as others estonian "private issues" is a banal souvenir (I have in view estonia souvenir coins 1989-2006). 1 kroon 1990 possibly is a souvenir to release of the kroon during currency reform of 1992 year. Then Estonians very much wanted introduction of national currency, nostalgia of former times. :ninja: This coin cost was at the beginning 0,2 Eur, later - 1 Eur and now it cost 10 - 15 Eur. Other formats cost more.

Best regards,

Valentin.

Archived