CoinPeople.com

Lou's Newps

1977topps

That's a nice Frankie. I'd hate to liberate from it's NGC slab. By the way I really like Teletrade's pictures. For the most part they do an excellent job.

It seems to me that the obverse frankie die was filled with grease or whatnot up towards the top of his head. You don't see detailed, nice flowing hair up there.

I think it's just a weaker strike. BTW, you have a nice collection of Peace Dollars. I never used to be a big fan of them, but they're growing on me.

haha. I meant that he was bald.

Thanks re: my Peaces. I've been collecting them on a tight budget (I'm still in college) for a while now. And I only get to pick up a few new ones each year. I'm getting near the end of the series with only a few key coins left. I plan to keep the set and upgrade it, add varieties, and enjoy it for a long time.

You know, I was going to respond with something like "Yeah, the reason there's no flowing hair is because he's bald". I hear you about the tight budget. I started off with Morgans, got as many as I could afford, switched to the type set (Dansco 7070 which I love), Franklins, Ikes, etc. I just want to finish an album!

My plan for the Frankies was all MS64 FBL. I got 25 of them and the ones I need are hard to find in FBL, so I'm getting non-FBL in higher grades. As you said, we can always upgrade later.

Archived