CoinPeople.com

Preferred Brand of Publications/Supplies

TreasureGirl

I would make this a poll, but I know of only Whitman, Dansco, and Harris publications when I'm sure there are many more out there I would hate to leave out. What are your all's preferred brands when it comes to folders, albums, airtites, and the like? Right now I'm trying to steer clear of Harris since the one folder I had gotten for a present didn't keep the quarters I put in it from falling out all over the place, and have since made Whitman my preferred brand without really trying anything else out, though I have to take a dowel rod and a hammer to get my coins in sometimes (yikes :ninja: )! I'm just wondering in terms of quality, cost, availability, and I suppose reputation?

Thanks everyone!

I prefer Dansco for albums, SaFlip for mylar 2x2 flips, AirTite for more permanent holders. All have excellent reputations.

I prefer Dansco for albums, SaFlip for mylar 2x2 flips, AirTite for more permanent holders. All have excellent reputations.

I agree with all of these. The only difference is that I use Intercept Shield 2x2s with inserts for Gem BU & Prf Lincoln cent extras and for my ASEs. I also use Intercept shield boxes for my IHC ANACs slabs and Large Cents.

I also use Intercept shield boxes for my IHC ANACs slabs and Large Cents.

Great idea :ninja: Where do you get those boxes, Art?

Great idea :ninja: Where do you get those boxes, Art?

The last group that I have I got from Trendlines. Tradewinds has them as well.

Tradewinds Intercept Shield Boxes

By the way, my ANACs slabs fit in the regular 2x2 boxes as well as the slab boxes.

I prefer Dansco for my albums. They just look really nice and display well. Although Littleton (is that the one I got from you Art?) make a nice album as well. Not Dansco quality but still nice.

Everything else is just generic: 2x2's, pages, boxes, etc.

Burks. The IHC album is a Littleton. They make a nice album and I had thought about having a run of them but overall, I think the danscos look better on my bookshelf.

I use only Whitman Albums. 2x2's I buy don't have brand names since I buy them in bulk lots at coin shows they just come in a big bundle but at about .025 each I don't care. Dansco albums do look richer but in areas like where I live you can not display anything worth over a dime or it will walk. In about 90% of all the coin stores I go and at most coin shows I usually only see Whitman Classic Albums. It appears that Dansco is more popular in the West and Littleton a little more in the East but here in the Midwest I only see Whitman. I think if I remember right Whitman is made in Wisconsin so access is better around here. I've had only bad luck with Littleton pages binding, Dansco no availability for replacement pages in this area. If you can display an album, I guess Dansco does look better. As noted, displaying coins around here is like putting up a sign saying all crooks stop by here.

Archived