CoinPeople.com

Another way Ebay is messed up

Brett

I was looking through some ebay auctions and i came across this one...Item number: 140083037845 (I can never get the short link)

First i have never heard of NNC (National Numismatic Certification)

Second I was looking at the pics of the coin, looks a little odd the VDB

And what most surprises me is that ebay is no longer showing bidders ID's they are numbering the bidders.

Courtesy of ebay, here is there new policy

As the internet evolves, eBay continues to strike a balance between preserving transparency and protecting our Community of members. eBay has decided to change how bid history information is displayed so bad guys cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied consistently to the Bid History page.

So in other words, you can't contact a member and tell them if it's a FAKE!!!!!

I believe that it changes to the "hidden" format when an auction hits $200. This is making it SO easy for shill bidders now. Ebay has never cared much for the buyers, and this is just more evidence of that.

I dislike it too. The only nice feature I found is that when you click on the bidders link it brings you to a page in which you can mouse over each bidder and view thier bid history specific to the seller as a percentage of total bid activity. I've identified several auctions in which obvious shill bidding was occuring. For example, a lot of the power sellers and sellers offering higher end items will have bidders (shill) that have a bid history that is 15-50%+ unique to the seller.... at which time my bidding activity stops and I go one to another auction. This feature I like ALOT, the inability to warn the ebay public of obvious scam auctions I dislike. I can see ebay's side of the pond too,, ebay scams are rampant, but I don't think this is the best solution as most buyers are also sellers and scammers can still get email addresses from historical auctions too.

Archived