CoinPeople.com

Found in The Coinstar Reject Bin Thread

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wow. Back in the day, this forum used to do a "Report your the new year" thread to see when folks were receiving the different coins for each year. I've been wanting to start one but haven't received a coin yet!

I haven't seen any 2017 coins yet. At least none that I've noticed.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice find. Haven't gotten a Canadian coin of any kind in quite some time. Probably using debit card a lot has an effect on this. ;)

I am using more cash recently. I think I even saw an article today about people using cash more often. I have two reasons for my use: 1) folks have paid me in cash for stuff in the last year and I need to use it (too lazy to go to the bank) and 2) a lot of the shops near me don't let us use plastic for less than $X. So if I wanted a small bag of chips for lunch, I need to pay cash.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 10:24 PM, thedeadpoint said:

I am using more cash recently. I think I even saw an article today about people using cash more often. I have two reasons for my use: 1) folks have paid me in cash for stuff in the last year and I need to use it (too lazy to go to the bank) and 2) a lot of the shops near me don't let us use plastic for less than $X. So if I wanted a small bag of chips for lunch, I need to pay cash.

Interestingly, I recently started to use a credit card for a number of things that I would normally have used cash to purchase. I have for years tried to use cash whenever possible. BUT I could have taken a slightly higher deduction on my Federal Taxes if I had had receipts. So by credit carding the payments for co-pays and the like, I end up with a searchable journal of payments. No fees or interest on the card and I get cash back on all purchases. Plus after I have charged $500 (within the first 3 months), I get $150 from the bank.  Why not, I say. Of course, I transfer the payment to them as soon as I have used the card, so there will never be a balance. 

I do the same, Art. For years, I never touched my credit card except for emergency purposes. Then my friends pointed out that I could be gaining points the whole time. Now, I view it as a guaranteed 2% off everything!

I like the idea of getting a percentage or two or three back on each purchase but one has to be careful to never let a balance accumulate, never be late, and never ever use the card where there is a premium for such usage, like gas purchases. It's often between 5 and 12 cents a gallon extra here. WOW! 

• 3 months later...

Wow, no finds lately?

Well, I got a 1964 Roosie with that I'd call a strong VF/weak XF with tons of lustre on the reverse.  And a rather more pedestrian 1980 dime.

• 6 months later...

A Netherlands 1990 5c piece, and a Monroe County NY sesquicentennial adult fare token for the local bus service.  Has no one checked a Coinstar since August?